Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:35 PM

870 posts, read 3,081,296 times

Advertisements

Depending on how fast your hair grows, it will need touch up in about 3 weeks!!

IF I were a "thinning" graying, man, I would shave my head! It's actually kinda sexy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 01:48 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times
I have a friend that shaved his head and grow a goattee and he is 74 years old. He did this because his hair was gray and he hated gray. You know whats bad is when my barber said I look better without hair then I do with it.

John

Old 11-14-2007, 05:48 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,435,254 times
Funny how we still DO have that double standard, as another poster mentioned. Why is it a given that most women should dye their hair and why is gray "ok" on men???? Why do we women still play along with this stupid game, worshipping looks and youth. Nothing lasts forever. I do think one should make the best of what you have, but I won't use chemical hair color on my head, the scalp can absorb toxic substances and it goes right into your bloodstream. Maybe it is harmless, maybe not... who knows?
I personally would think it is silly if my husband dyed his hair. I use henna on my hair, it makes the gray hair into reddish highlights in my otherwise dark brown hair. But once I get older and more gray, I will just accept it and live with it.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:42 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,621,508 times
I think men should do what they feel comfortable with. If it makes them feel younger then go ahead. I think also it you start going grey at 25/30 like a lot of men do it must be a bit disturbing to them. Men have the right to care about their appearance too. If it looks natural then why not ?
At least it's not plastic surgery .

Old 11-20-2007, 03:52 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,963,211 times
I'm not married but I like grey hair on men, I think it looks better than dyed hair. Maybe because the only dyed hair on men that I've seen has been really obvious and it just didn't look right. I think men can pull off the grey a little better than women can, grr

Old 11-20-2007, 06:13 PM

50,344 posts, read 63,918,476 times
I do not like when men dye their hair or wear a toupee. It just looks silly. When they dye it, they don't seem to ever realize how fast hair grows and that you must keep doing it. Also,for some reason they always dye it this funky reddish color. To me, it just screams "I'm insecure about my looks."
Also, it looks equally funny when men dye their beards and mustaches...hello, Chuck Norris..you're old.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Who is exactly calling you an old man? I prefer a man to accept his grays or his thinning air. Just a nice haircut is all he needs. If you have a good positive happy confident energy force, you will generally be seen as attractive by all. Especially with men, age is a good thing.

by golly i like your attitude. i cut mine to the max with a clippers.
very very short.
at least this way it poses a doubt whether i shave it or am bold.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:58 AM

660 posts, read 2,440,779 times
depends
it works for some people and for others it looks silly
george clooney is much better looking grey

Old 11-28-2007, 05:32 AM

1 posts, read 5,650 times
Default Covering grey

As an old Punk rocker, who has had some grey for a few years now, I think you should do as you prefer. For sure, some people dislike their grey showing, but for many it is not an issue.

The fact you have raised the question, indicates you may be more comfortable dying your hair.

My own position, is a bit outside the box.

This week, my hair is flame red, a couple of weeks ago, Pink and Blue. I have had brightly colored dyed hair on and off since 1977 and don't plan to change because I have or haven't got grey hair.

Do what you feel comfortable with and if you really want to make a statement, forget the 'natural look' altogether

Old 11-30-2007, 06:54 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,165,636 times
Well, I dye my hubby's hair. It's not to hide the gray, but because his hair is such a plain brown that I like to spice it up a bit. I usually do his hair and my own at the same time.

Right now, I'm strawberry blonde, and he's black cherry.

And personally, I think if a guy wants to have his hair dyed for any reason, nobody should look down on him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care