Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2018, 09:03 AM

8,155 posts, read 8,364,409 times

Advertisements

It took a long time but I finally have grown my hair to its now-silver color after years of dying it. I like it and get tons of compliments.

But, sometimes I want it back to the old dyed color — a dark blonde. I think I look significantly younger with the dyed color when I compare photos from just a couple of years ago. But I don’t want the old routine of constantly dying my hair.

We are going on a cruise next month and I am considering just doing a semi-permanent dye. Will it wash out evenly? I don’t ever want to have to deal with the skunk stripe at the top of my head again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 09:37 AM

24,612 posts, read 10,936,326 times
Your silver will not be the same. Have you considered a wig for the cruise?

Old 01-16-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Your silver will not be the same. Have you considered a wig for the cruise?
I haven’t but good idea; will look into that. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:28 AM

17,542 posts, read 39,166,326 times
There really is no such thing as "semi-permanent" for anyone with light hair. It will never completely wash out. PLEASE don't do it unless you are OK with an altered hair color. Take it from me, I have made that mistake more than once.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:28 AM

4,641 posts, read 11,944,596 times
I have naturally blonde hair with gray. I use demi and semi permanent colors all the time and they do wash out for me. If anything, I have a really hard time going darker because the color won't "stick" and washes out fairly quickly. I once achieved a beautiful auburn; but it was hard to maintain because I had to keep adding color.

If I use darker shades (for example, a medium brown) or reds, they fade before washing out. Do they evenly fade? I'm not sure what you mean. They do wash out for me.

I routinely use blonde shades to add body and shine (I currently use ION) and they only last a few weeks. I don't even notice them washing out. I wake up one day and can see the gray again.

One thing to consider is using a 1/2 demi color in a neutral blonde and mix it with 1/2 demi that is clear. This might add just enough color + shine to perk up your shade without drastically changing it.

I would highly suggest doing a strand test before coloring. I'd also use a professional color from Sally's.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:02 AM

Well, I went to a good wig store and the stylist helped me try on several wigs. I remembered immediatly how much I dislike wearing hats. And the wigs all looked very “pouffy” on my head. The stylist said they can thin out wigs. I’m uncertain if I can tolerate wearing a wig. I don’t object to spending the money on a good wig if I would use it.

So, I ordered an inexpensive one on Amazon that has the same kind of cap as those in the salon. I’ll play around with wearing it around the house. I find I can, indeed, tolerate wearing a wig I’ll go back to the wig store for serious shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care