Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2017, 10:21 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,671,469 times

Advertisements

I have been using Wahl Balding Clippers for the past 6 years. They last me about 2 years until something goes wrong. I use them every 3 days, but even at that rate I'd expect them to last longer. Each time, something else is wrong. Yes, I keep them oiled and debris free. This time, they are cutting too far only on my lower left side even after adjustment with a dial caliper. Wahl customer service is no help either.

Now here is what I mean by "the machine".

I was told by some guy about 15 years ago or so who was another baldie that he goes to a hair stylest who used "the machine" which went over his entire head and balded it all at once. He could give no other details besides that factor.

15 years later, I see no evidence that this "machine" exists and yet I see no reason for him to lie about it. Yet...people all the time.

I like to go the maximum amount of time before my huge bald area shows in contrast to the rest of my head which actually has hair which is only about 2 days with the balder. Now I know that usually involves a shaving cream and razor but the costs and benefits of using a razor vs. the Wahl balder made using the balder easier. The razor and shaving cream was just too messy and time consuming to clean up. I have to be out of bed so early for my job.

This is my last search for the all elusive "machine".

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 07:34 AM

I guess this isn't the "hairless care" forum only the "hair care" forum. My bald spot came back while awaiting responses.

Should I assume that "the machine" was a lie?

Last edited by va_lucky; 12-18-2017 at 07:46 AM..

Old 12-18-2017, 08:06 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,363,190 times
Shave in the shower, using your preferred variant of a safety razor. All the soap and hair go down the drain, plus the warm water softens the hair. I have been doing this (only my face) for 30 years.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Shave in the shower, using your preferred variant of a safety razor. All the soap and hair go down the drain, plus the warm water softens the hair. I have been doing this (only my face) for 30 years.
I have heard of that approach. How on earth can you see what you are doing with certainty? I am not great at feeling what I miss and I'd imagine that I'd be missing a spot no matter what. I'd then have to do the rest in front of 2 mirrors from outside of the shower. I'd imagine that would be rather time consuming. I already shave my face with your approach using a fog free mirror.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:58 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,363,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_lucky View Post
I have heard of that approach. How on earth can you see what you are doing with certainty? I am not great at feeling what I miss and I'd imagine that I'd be missing a spot no matter what. I'd then have to do the rest in front of 2 mirrors from outside of the shower. I'd imagine that would be rather time consuming. I already shave my face with your approach using a fog free mirror.
I just feel over my face and any spot I missed, I go back over it.

I don't have a mirror in the shower, I just go by feel. I don't have facial hair, so I know where in front of each ear to stop (there's a little bump in the bone there). You don't have that issue because you're trying to do the whole thing.

If it occasionally comes out slightly imperfect, I don't care, no one else cares anyway, it's not like I'm a fashion model or something. I am more than willing to accept the occasional imperfectly shaved area in return for never cleaning up hair and soap from the sink again.

After all, blind men are able to shave and have done so for generations.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:04 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
Quote:
I was told by some guy about 15 years ago or so who was another baldie that he goes to a hair stylest who used "the machine" which went over his entire head and balded it all at once.
Quote:
I guess this isn't the "hairless care" forum only the "hair care" forum. My bald spot came back while awaiting responses.

Should I assume that "the machine" was a lie?
Yes.

Maybe people were confused because "bald" isn't a verb.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes.

Maybe people were confused because "bald" isn't a verb.
This is NOT a helpful post. Stop trolling. Yes, bald can actually be used as a verb and no one was confused.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I just feel over my face and any spot I missed, I go back over it.

I don't have a mirror in the shower, I just go by feel. I don't have facial hair, so I know where in front of each ear to stop (there's a little bump in the bone there). You don't have that issue because you're trying to do the whole thing.

If it occasionally comes out slightly imperfect, I don't care, no one else cares anyway, it's not like I'm a fashion model or something. I am more than willing to accept the occasional imperfectly shaved area in return for never cleaning up hair and soap from the sink again.

After all, blind men are able to shave and have done so for generations.
I definitely don't have the sense of touch that you do. This is part of the Fashion section so I do want it to look as nice as possible. I guess the machine was a lie.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care