Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:48 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times

Advertisements

Here are some less then positive reviews,interesting.

Wen Haircare @ Pissed Consumer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 05:04 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Here are some less then positive reviews,interesting.

Wen Haircare @ Pissed Consumer

there are no pissed consumer posts.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:20 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Wen and Hair One are both okay, but I did not think the difference it made in my hair was worth the extra price. The key I think is to keep rotating through different types of shampoos and only to shampoo the scalp but not the rest of the hair. I liked the Moroccan hair oil and natural type of products too, but after awhile it gets yucky and stops working.

Old 09-10-2011, 05:32 AM

reall... I am thinking of giving it a try a see they have a 29.95 spehttp://www.wenhaircare.com/index.php?uci=ous116&refcd=GO576T006894s_wen&tsacr =GO7998662056&s_kwcid=TC|8124|wen||S|e|7998662056c ial

I was using aveda it was good , bumble and bumble also very good then I went back to Federic Fekkai and it was AweFUL...my hair looks like crap. I ordered my normal hair straightner from Lanza Straigt and the changed the formula and does not nothing positive for my hair.

So I am in need of some new products or I was thinking of going back to Bumble and Bumble....

one thing is very true is that you need to change product every few months

Old 09-10-2011, 05:34 AM

very suspicious with some of the posters with just one or two posts. hummmmmmmmmm

well they claim to have a money back guarantee so i may give it a try and i will come back and report

Old 09-11-2011, 07:44 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
there are no pissed consumer posts.

I thought they were the majority

Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 AM

508 posts, read 1,022,197 times
I dont know my mom swears by it and her hair is really dry... It does make her hair super shiney and it does smell good...

Old 09-12-2011, 06:18 PM

574 posts, read 1,064,861 times
I tried Hair One also but my hair just doesn't feel clean after it is dried. I like the new Fructis shampoo with several conditioners added. I also just bought the Frederic Fekkai shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair which also comes with a hair smoothing serum at Costco. My hair is curly, bleached and dyed and felt best with the Fructis shampoo and Fekkai combo. Personally would never spend that kind of money on Wen...I would on Kerastase products...they are worth it.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 AM

692 posts, read 1,732,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K589 View Post
I ordered it about a month ago. I have shoulder length, thick, brown hair that I have to straighten if I want to leave it down. I ordered wen to see if I could bring some shine and less dry volume. I certainly got the shine and straightness because it left my hair extremely greasy and wieghed down with a nasty feeling film on my hair. I thought maybe I hadn't rinsed it well enough but the next few times I used it I rinsed my hair for about 5 minutes and got the same results. I am in the process of sending the product back. I would not recommend it if you are looking for the results I was looking for. I know better than to listen to an infomercial. As the old saying goes.."if its too good to be true....." Good Luck

Which cleansing conditioner are you using? You may have the wrong one for your hair type?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:30 AM

941 posts, read 1,804,401 times
Default $ave money.. here's a copy-cat "Wen" product

I wanted to try Wen also, but the price seemed kind of high.. I went online and typed in Wen Copycat... and low and behold the Sally Beauty Supply Store has a Product called "HAIR ONE".. so I bought it..its twelve dollars.
It turned my hair around.. there is no sodium laureth sulfate in it ( a detergent), so it doesn't dry out your hair. There is:Normal Hair: Designed for normal problem free hair. Color Treated: Prevents premature fading of color. Dry, Damaged: Repairs damage from chemical treatments. Dry Scalp: Helps heal scalp damage while restoring suppleness and manageability.
I have searched high and low for something to make a HUGE difference, and you know, this stuff really does work. The website has pages aupon pages of glowing reports from people who have used it and were over the moon. I have a store near me so I bought it without having to wait or having to be on a shipping/billing regiment with Chaz.. I found the magic in this stuff.. at first it was a shift to get used to because the absence of detergent doesn't make you think its working since thee are no bubbles, but OH
what thick lush amazing hair I had before long.. actually my hair was thin and falling out a lot.. I had a complete 180 after a month. I will never ever buy a shampoo that has sodium laureth sulfate or any words that are chemical cousins to it! Never ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care