Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 07:42 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times

Advertisements

I blended out a faded black by using color oops in my hair with med.brown in strips back in (demi perm)

I would do color oops in strips to frame the face (think sunshine rays shape)
put in a demi very light brown to blend it with the red as the grey comes out.
You can touch up the demi- perm as much as you want. I suggest manic panic's browns because they grab grey/white hair and condition it while putting in the color.

Or you could just keep its simple and mix a dark brown and red demi together to color with as the perm. red grows out/fades out. Grab a bottle of those hair vitamins or drink slimfast optima shakes as a snack replacement. (slimfast makes you hair grow because of the biotin/protien/vits in shakes)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 09:18 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,186,782 times
that's a good looking cut for your face. Very flattering! At your age, some hair loss is inevitable. But cheer up.....it's not like the menfolk, we get to keep a lot of ours.

I can see your problem...sooner or later, the grey will get the upper hand and the coloring won't work as well. Some sort of reverse frosting/streaking/what ever you want to call it, would be your best way to go. But I don't think that you need to do it soon.

You want to know the worse? It's watching your children's hair turn grey. I have three boys. Two take after their dad, whose hair started turning in high school. The one with curly hair, just lets it curl, the other one cuts it really close, and the oldest, takes after me.. still has a lot of ash blond which looks exactly like dark grey. Phooey!

Old 12-16-2008, 02:19 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
You are very attractive, HIF. I didn't see a problem with the hairline at all. You maybe having hair loss, but how bad could it be???? I agree with some of the other posters that a softer color might look nice on you via highlighting/reverse highlighting etc. though the auburn is not objectionable either IMO. I like the hairstyle on you too.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:52 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
I'm 50 and think it would be wonderful just to feel confident IN short hair. As short as I can allow myself to go is shoulder length. I also color mine....keep it blond to cover the gray I KNOW is in there.
I love the cut you have in the pic you posted. Playing with color is fun. The worst that can possibly happen is that you will hate it and can simply redo it with some other color application.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:40 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Got it cut shorter today- not quite like Dannielle's pix, but similar. I loved that first pix she posted, but my stylist said that I didn't have thick enough hair. Let me add the highlights (low maintenance, remember?!) and I'll post the new me.

Thanks, all, for the suggestions and positive comments.

Glory, you are so right- what's the worst that can happen playing with color. I'lkl play and send the results...

Old 12-16-2008, 09:04 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
WE need pics HIF!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:24 AM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
I too, am 52 and still love long, flowy hair. No one touches it, I trim it myself. The only issues I have is its so limp, but has always been, and the only way to get that 'thickened' look was to do body perms or 'tease' it, which in most of my pics you can see that.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:46 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Got it cut shorter today- not quite like Dannielle's pix, but similar. I loved that first pix she posted, but my stylist said that I didn't have thick enough hair. Let me add the highlights (low maintenance, remember?!) and I'll post the new me.

Thanks, all, for the suggestions and positive comments.

Glory, you are so right- what's the worst that can happen playing with color. I'lkl play and send the results...
Hey..I just got my hands on the bumble and bumble thickening spray.
Just get it...GET IT...I got a little bottle of that plus the "tonic" of eBay.

It really did make a difference and the tonic...I love it. You can feel it tingle on your scalp. They both seem to cut drying time too. But I think you would like the stuff to add puff to where its falls flat because you have silky fine hair. It smells kind weird but the smell is gone as soon as its dry.
I did the smell test with someone else to make sure. LOL

Old 12-18-2008, 07:16 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
HIF, I think you look very attractive in the short hair and red color. Would love to see the new cut, I bet it looks great!

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-19-2008, 07:35 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,375,392 times
Very cute look OP. The color is flattering. Please do post the new pics!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care