Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 07:06 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times

Advertisements

split ends?

I am currently growing mine out and it has hit that nasty scraggy thing on the ends but its twice as thick about an inch up. I also have a bunch of short ones coming out closer to the scalp.

Does it sound like its breaking off or just new hair coming in?

The ends look tapered like a brush with virgin tips but could that just be a split that did not do the V thing on the end?

I am growing out a layered cut. It is taking forever as it was almost buzz short on the sided (like a pixie cut)....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,359,242 times
When growing your hair out you still need to get your ends trimmed just LESS OFTEN. It sounds like you may have split ends. You should see your hairdresser to clip the ends some because other wise those split ends can split all the way up and you will have to cut alot of hair off

Old 10-30-2009, 04:49 PM

I am my DIY hairdresser! LOL

I just usually see a bunch of those "y"s whenever I have had split ends before...This time I can't really find any. I cut an inch off and the scag went away. I think another inch needs to go though....

Old 10-30-2009, 06:17 PM

222 posts, read 501,178 times
Sounds like it is time for a trim on those ends. Only trim what needs to be trimmed, hairstylists seem to trim more than necessary, tell them... Only this much is to be cut off...
The hair closer to your scalp is probably new growth, be thankful for it..
You can twist a portion of your hair pretty tight and then trim piece by piece any little hairs that come out of the twisted area, ( that will help your layered areas stay healthy )... then do the next twist and trim piece and so on and so on, time consuming but your worth it.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:27 PM

222 posts, read 501,178 times
Oh, one more thing, invest in a good conditioner and once a week or month whatever your hair needs, leave the conditioner on overnight. Your hair will love you for it.. smile

Old 11-01-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsandwater View Post
Sounds like it is time for a trim on those ends. Only trim what needs to be trimmed, hairstylists seem to trim more than necessary, tell them... Only this much is to be cut off...
The hair closer to your scalp is probably new growth, be thankful for it..
You can twist a portion of your hair pretty tight and then trim piece by piece any little hairs that come out of the twisted area, ( that will help your layered areas stay healthy )... then do the next twist and trim piece and so on and so on, time consuming but your worth it.
Tried this and it is curling much nicer

Maybe I won't need to take that other inch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care