Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:35 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times

Advertisements

I would try it. You never know. I always put manic panic on natural hair and it looks great. Its really all in how you apply it and how long you leave it in. (plus of course the base you lay it on)

When I bleached my hair I used BW2000 w/ 40 vol cream developer and I need to double process it at least before a toner will even do anything. But it is a deep orange/yellow that looks like what happens when you put bleach tips or strips in afro. american hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 11:42 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,863 times
I have tried it, I have tried everything. It's all about the Natural Instincts brass-free brunnettes with minimal lift.

Yes, you can put some shades of Manic Panic on natural hair, but if you put GREEN Manic Panic on pigmented hair it looks terrible. Now, red Manic Panic, or purple is a different story.

Your undertone is yellow/orange which is why the violet/blue works on you.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:17 PM

698 posts, read 3,266,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Shampoo for silver hair. My hair if I just bleach it, needs a toner (goes orange/yellow) because of the natural undertones. When tan I am golden blonde, but pale me is med ash brown or auburnish (depends on sun exposure) If a hair color comes out a bad red I wash with the shampoo for silver hair and it fixes it.

Try putting a showerhead filter in the bath. The mineral deposits in the water can make it more orange. But John Fredia's brown shampoo's + glaze made my hair a deeper brown without brass.

You may want to look at Men's hair color too if you go the drugstore route. The colors are WAY more neutral.

You can try Manic Panic "Virgin Snow" as a toner too.
I really like the manic panic because it acts like a conditioner.
Where are you finding the glaze? I was using that too and loved it,but I can't find it now.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:59 PM

If you have an Ulta near you, they carry it. I have also seen it at Walgreens and CVS.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:47 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,547,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Good point. We need a green wash.

My hair is not red, so the color is deposited.
Woof Woof,

Watch the green base colors depending on what level color you are,
not many around anymore and for good reason. I've been licensed
since I was 19, trust me. Many years ago, I did a corrective, green based ash, as it
started to fade it was a nice shade of green, carefull!

Old 08-25-2009, 11:49 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I have tried it, I have tried everything. It's all about the Natural Instincts brass-free brunnettes with minimal lift.

Yes, you can put some shades of Manic Panic on natural hair, but if you put GREEN Manic Panic on pigmented hair it looks terrible. Now, red Manic Panic, or purple is a different story.

Your undertone is yellow/orange which is why the violet/blue works on you.
WHat shades of that do you use? I have a problem with some browns getting too golden....Always seeking drugstore alternatives!

I hope they did not stop making the glaze! I have a jumbo bottle that has been lasting forever because I paint it on with a tint brush. I got it at a CVS.
Mixing the red and the brown looks really cool with just that glaze too. Just checked online and drugstore.com has it for 10 bucks. I shop there a lot and if you spend 25$ you get free shipping.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
If you have an Ulta near you, they carry it. I have also seen it at Walgreens and CVS.
Walgreens and CVS is where I was buying it and they don't carry it in brunette anymore. We do have an Ulta and I'll look there. Thanks!

Old 08-26-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
WHat shades of that do you use? I have a problem with some browns getting too golden....Always seeking drugstore alternatives!
I use Brass-free brunettes "light brown". I also tried "lightest brown" but it didn't have quite enough coverage for my level. I think I am actually half-way between those shades but I just stick with the darker one. Since your hair is a bit lighter than mine, the "lightest brown" may be good for you or you may need to go up into the Brass-free blondes and choose a dark blonde.

The shades I have tried do have a golden cast (but not orangey) in the light. On my head at least it does not produce a truly ashy tone but produces a very realistic neutral. I follow the directions for resistant greys since I have a few here and there and they turn out a nice blonde color. I think the golden cast is there for that reason as ash tones on grey hair look sickly.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Went to Ulta today and they did have it! I also had a $3.50 off of $10.00 to use,so I am VERY happy. Thanks again!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:56 AM

Yay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care