Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,731 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I are looking to build a new home. We are currently on the Peninsula. We're considering The Riverfront in Suffolk, Founder's Pointe in Carrollton and Cypress Creek in Smithfield. I would love to move to lower York County area preferably (great schools from what I understand), but it's difficult to find land there that's reasonably priced. The Riverfront is a beautiful community and proximity to interstate and shopping centers is a plus but I worry about safety in Suffolk and what the school systems may be like. I know there had been break-ins and even a shooting in the Riverfront some time ago. Anyone know if that's still an issue? Founder's Pointe is nice but not much to do in Carrollton. Love the small town feel of Smithfield, but again doesn't seem like much going on there. Looking for some place that really feels like a community, has good schools, not too, too far from shopping and close proximity to interstate. Any feedback on the areas above or other suggestions?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 08:03 PM

7 posts, read 9,174 times
Oh my goodness, I toured Founder's Pointe during the parade of homes and it did not disappoint. Very beautiful homes and the subdivision is thoughtfully planned out. We live on Langley AFB and the drive wasn't bad to get there. What types of things do you like to do that Carrollton doesn't offer or is it more of a convenience issue?

Old 03-19-2017, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 2,731 times
You know the first couple of times that my husband and I went to Founders Pointe, I didn't really care for it. I thought the houses were too close together and it seemed kind of out there in terms of location. But when we went back for the Parade of Homes, I had a different opinion of it. The only thing I still don't like is that you only get to "use" a certain of your yard due to the protected wetlands behind some of the lots. That can make for a pretty small backyard depending on the size of the lot.

There is the convenience issue as well. Not a lot of shopping, restaurants, no theaters, etc like on the Peninsula. It's really not that far for those things if you cross back over into Newport News or go into Suffolk, but if you need to get to someplace quick, now it takes me 5-10 min compared to 30 minutes.

Old 04-18-2017, 05:35 PM

10 posts, read 8,239 times
Default New Home Build

I would recommend York County area, still close to shopping and entertainment, but you will have the community and quietness to enjoy. Especially for long term. I'm an agent in the area and would love to help you with process if you need, please don't hesitate to contact at patricia@amwre.com if you have any questions or concerns.

Old 04-18-2017, 07:07 PM

352 posts, read 263,153 times
I am a teacher and know many teachers and administrators in different school systems. York County has beautiful, established neighborhoods and great schools. It is also very community oriented. My sister lives in Riverfront in Suffolk and really likes it there. Safety was never an issue. They were looking in the Founders Pointe area, but they could not get past how secluded it was for their taste and the small lot sizes. There is much more to do in Suffolk than Isle of Wight. If schools are a priority I would definitely choose York County. That is just my personal opinion. All 3 areas you have mentioned are very nice. Good luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area