Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 01:15 PM

13 posts, read 17,276 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience in any of the luxury apartments in downtown Norfolk. I just moved back from NY and I like what theyve done in the area. Specifically Icon and Metro On Granby are my top choices. Just wondering what it's like after business hours. Are the common areas crowded? Is there partying in the common areas all the time? Is it hard to reserve common space for private events? How's the noise between apartments? Ive toured already but wish I could get perspective of actual tenants. Any info is helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 11:42 AM

Any feedback would be helpful��

Old 10-27-2018, 11:23 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,456,469 times
I have experience with Brightleaf. It is not downtown, in fact it is on 22nd, but it is not dissimilar from the apartments that do exist downtown. Cool thing about that apartment is that they pay all utilities. Internet is slow in my opinion and intermittent, but it is free. Better if you just pull out the Ethernet cable. A lot of young people and a lot of dogs in the complex, but it is quiet. Train runs behind it intermittently if you're a light sleeper it might wake you up. But you learn to get used to it.

I know my answer is not what you are looking for but if the thread has traffic perhaps someone that really does live downtown will chime in. One has to do that if a thread sits a few days.

If it helps I was on the Norfolk Reddit they were talking about living downtown. The topic is now closed but you can read it at this link.

Not sure if I would to live downtown per se because there are restaurants, but no grocery stores. Where I'm at now I can drive to Harris Teeter and I could walk to Fresh Market. With the traffic on 21st sometimes you are better off walking than driving.

When I am Downtown it doesn't seem that busy. Things are a lot better now that Waterside has reopened. Again. They were redeveloped and modernized, and it isn't late eighties/early nineties anymore. It can still be sketchy but it is what it is.

We will have more options Downtown once the City moves the housing projects out and redevelops it. Supposed to be mixed housing. They're not saying Section 8, but if the are qualifying some of those residents to be able to move back in there I don't know what else you would call that. There is already some new construction down there. Check out St. Paul's Apartments.

Last edited by goofy328; 10-27-2018 at 11:43 AM..

Old 10-29-2018, 03:44 PM

Thanks so much goofy328!!! I'll look into those and check out The thread.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:06 PM

That was super helpful and informative! Thanks again!

Old 10-31-2018, 10:05 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,456,469 times
Glad I could help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: