Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 11:19 AM

1 posts, read 437 times

Advertisements

I need some advice. I had a section 8 tenant in my house and she told section 8 that she was moving out. Section 8 let the tenant out of her lease with me with 10 months still remaining on her lease and without a landlord sign release form. After several weeks of going back and forth with them, they finally admitted that it was obviously their error and that they were sorry. They released the tenant on a verbal but wasn't sure who they spoke with regarding the verbal.

To make a long story short the tenant had ten months left on their lease and went to another landlord and started a new voucher and was still liable to my lease contract. Does anyone know what recourse I have with section 8? I understand I can take the tenant to court but we already know she doesn't have the money to pay me. Section 8 people said that they spoke with the property manager over the phone and he released her. He also didn't sign the form stating that she was still in contract with my lease. What do I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
View detailed profiles of: