Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 08:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,542 times

Advertisements

Hi,im thinking to move to Hawaii and i would like to ask some questions.
I have 25 and im from Europe. Im looking for place- city not really crazy but not boring.I have experience in hospitality and i would like to know how is it there with the jobs in this field. Im planning to go as a tourist this mounth to look around and start maybe working...do u think its possieble to find a job also without papers??? thank u Veronika
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 09:11 PM

181 posts, read 586,142 times
This is a serious reply.

Really.

If your are exceptionally good looking, you'll be able to find a job in Waikiki. It won't pay much and you might have to share an apartment to get by, but you will survive.

If this doesn't sound like you, you're going to have a tough time. There are many, many others like you looking for work in Hawaii.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:20 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,232,939 times
Another seriuos reply....with out papers, the only places you will be able to work will be places like hostess bars, strip clubs or prostitution, maybe cleaning houses for cash. Google. "e-verify" to see what type of documents are required for even the most basic employment in the US.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:25 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,038,603 times
I just got a shipment in from New Zealand today and the newspapers packed around it were the help wanted. There were PAGES of help wanted advertisements, with the employers almost doing hand stands to get employees. Perhaps, since you'll be going to a foreign country anyway, you look in New Zealand where their economy seems to be flourishing?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:26 PM

206 posts, read 186,725 times
You will probably be able to find a job in the tourism industry. As for that being able to cover the cost of living here, it's doubtful.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:44 AM

543 posts, read 3,078,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
I just got a shipment in from New Zealand today and the newspapers packed around it were the help wanted. There were PAGES of help wanted advertisements, with the employers almost doing hand stands to get employees. Perhaps, since you'll be going to a foreign country anyway, you look in New Zealand where their economy seems to be flourishing?
I'm interested. Could you give me the link to their advertisements? or scan them.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:17 PM

3,199 posts, read 13,400,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
That's very interesting! I wonder how hard it is for a person to get a work visa for NZ? Could be a (hopefully) short term option for some of the people here in Hawaii.

Now, the other side of the coin which is equally as curious, is this. I get on average at least 3 calls a week from persons re-locating here to Kona and have a JOB WAITING FOR THEM! Construction, skilled labor, management types, and hotel (major resorts) industry. It never fails to make me wonder "why is our unemployment and underemployment still as it is, with these jobs out there?"

makes ya wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii