Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 06:40 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,621 times

Advertisements

As some of you here have pointed out to some people Hawaii has a diff pace or lifestyle or what ever you call it in the way you live with it or move away because you can not stand it or as one of my friend call's it the island way of life ..

I never been the one to really want the socalled hollywood life style where i have the to have the lastest craze or items to be happy .. But i do have some nice things in my place because i feel if i'm going to spend money on something i want to last along time before i have to replace it ..In my life i more of the simple blue color type of guy in this white collar world in which i work ..

I never been one to keep up with the jones or the smiths for that matter and i have simple taste in my life ..good book to read or a movie to watch or a good meal with friends or haveing fun with my grandkids and i pretty much happy in my life ..

But i have notice that people seam to think that Hawaii is going to change that for them that they are going to find some magic spot for them to be happy in ..If your not happy in your life before you move here than you not going to be happy here ..

Some of the friends i have made there on the big island thinks i'm a bit of a nut case bacause of the my idea about home building but i'm a loveable nutcase as one pointed out to me one night at dinner when i was back there checking up on a few things ..

As one pointed out to me your nut case but i can see you not a crazy nutcase that needs to haveing a saight jacket type of help as she was laughing about my reasoning behind the idea of underground home there on the big island over dinner one night in there home ..

So before you move here think are you happy in your life or are your thinking moveing the island's are going to make you happy in your life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 02:03 PM

255 posts, read 882,129 times
Hi. thanks for your post. Sorry no one answered you yet. I think the title is confusing and thats why, people may have passed on by.
But you make some good points.
Happiness is about accepting where you are NOW in your life, however, having a dream and being able to reach it, or at least attempting to, is very important as well.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:56 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post

Some of the friends i have made there on the big island thinks i'm a bit of a nut case bacause of the my idea about home building but i'm a loveable nutcase as one pointed out to me one night at dinner when i was back there checking up on a few things ..
just curious how different your ideas are on homebuilding, as it seemed like most on the Big Island were eclectic and very individualistic with styles already.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:15 PM

One of the lady and her family have made friends with there on island and we where talking one night at dinner and we where talking about my idea about underground home there on the big island and she goes your a nut case but your a loveable nut case ..

She and her husband are pretty good people and they are one of good people i have met there ..she is thought it wa a nice thing the night the earthquake hit japan i was on the phone to them going to do you need anything sent to you and are you and the family safe .. Do you need anything and i can overnight it if needs to be sent ..

She thought that was gesture that i would done for a family member not someone who i had met a couple months earlyer on the way into the town after looking my place over there on the island

I told we live next to each other i would not have done it if i had not thought that you where good people in the end ..

Since then her and her husband has kept a eye on my place there on the island .

Old 06-25-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermerci View Post
Hi. thanks for your post. Sorry no one answered you yet. I think the title is confusing and thats why, people may have passed on by.
But you make some good points.
Happiness is about accepting where you are NOW in your life, however, having a dream and being able to reach it, or at least attempting to, is very important as well.
Sir you on the money on the subect of happness and moveing and liveing in island of Hawaii ..that point i'm trying to make are happy now because when you move here and you socalled problems that you have in life are not going away if you move here ..

So that why the title are happy nor or after you move here to hawaii are going to be happy ..

The funny thing is i tell people that i bought land on the big island of Hawaii and they go it costing to cost you a arm and a leg to live there and i go how do you know what it going to cost me to live there because i'm not a person who spends money on foolish things ..

I tell them that my cost of liveing is not going to be much more than this amount and they ask how can you do that ..that where i tell them all my life i never been the type to be a person who does not live fugal because of allways hearing my mother voice in the back of my head saying this to me as i climb the ladder in my company ..

Never forget where you came from because one day you might be back there in one life ..so never spend more than you need on the things that you need ..

Old 07-01-2011, 10:47 AM

351 posts, read 587,272 times
Default Thought this was interesting

Hey Henry

I saw this article about a underground home. It looks beautiful, and it makes a good point about the house not being as intrusive visually, as one totally built above ground would.

The Half-There House - Yahoo! Real Estate

Old 07-01-2011, 12:04 PM

698 posts, read 1,509,948 times
That is one of the coolest homes I've ever seen. I learn something new everyday. Thanks for the posting the link Honolulu21.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii