Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 01:42 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,403,787 times

Advertisements

My wife and I watched two episodes of Roseanne Barr's new "reality" show set on her Honokaa macadamia nut farm. I never thought that anyone could make Dog the Bounty Hunter and his family look classy, but Roseanne and her family have done just that. To me, she is the antithesis of the "spirit of aloha," and is exactly the kind of person who gives mainland haoles a bad name. I'm not averse to tastelessness on principle (I've seen most of John Waters' movies, and Animal House is one of my favorite movies), but I found Roseanne's Nuts to be tasteless without the redeeming virtues of creativity of humor. Plenty of people love the show, though. They find it hilarious, or they admire Roseanne for saying whatever the [bleep] she feels like. That another thing: I hate "reality" shows where every fifth word or so is bleeped out. If you're going to run a show with people who need to be bleeped, and it's on cable, at least have the honesty to let the profanity stand. Does anyone not know what's being bleeped? Do people who are offended by profanity watch shows like this?

Okay, I'm done venting. I'm curious as to what other people on the Hawaii forum think of this show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 01:56 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,901,838 times
Your assessment cracks me up ... but I can't comment other than that because you went further than me in even watching the show once ... can't stand Roseanne Barr ... or 'Dog', either ... oh wait ... I don't even watch tv at all ...

Old 08-02-2011, 03:21 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,291,008 times
I watched the first episode and thought it was awful. To give the show "the benefit of the doubt" I watched it again. The second viewing was worse than the first. I will not waste time watching this
mess again.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:31 PM

236 posts, read 648,908 times
Roseanne is a blight on the face of humanity. And I'm usually a fan of white trash.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,518,058 times
I've never watched her show.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 PM

12 posts, read 50,521 times
curiosity did make me watch a little. eh not my cup of tea. always did find roseanne somewhat symphatico. probably in comparison to tom arnold.

beautiful farm though, anyone know where in the big island?

Old 08-02-2011, 04:36 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,261,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonuMan View Post
My wife and I watched two episodes of Roseanne Barr's new "reality" show set on her Honokaa macadamia nut farm. I never thought that anyone could make Dog the Bounty Hunter and his family look classy, but Roseanne and her family have done just that. To me, she is the antithesis of the "spirit of aloha," and is exactly the kind of person who gives mainland haoles a bad name. I'm not averse to tastelessness on principle (I've seen most of John Waters' movies, and Animal House is one of my favorite movies), but I found Roseanne's Nuts to be tasteless without the redeeming virtues of creativity of humor. Plenty of people love the show, though. They find it hilarious, or they admire Roseanne for saying whatever the [bleep] she feels like. That another thing: I hate "reality" shows where every fifth word or so is bleeped out. If you're going to run a show with people who need to be bleeped, and it's on cable, at least have the honesty to let the profanity stand. Does anyone not know what's being bleeped? Do people who are offended by profanity watch shows like this?

Okay, I'm done venting. I'm curious as to what other people on the Hawaii forum think of this show.
We covered the topic of Roseanne's new show a few weeks ago. Here's a link...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/hawai...-nut-farm.html

I've watched six episodes of "Roseanne's Nuts" and it's kind of like watching a train wreck.

On a positive note, I did learn that Roseanne purchased the Kamuela Museum in 2009 and renovated it. In addition, she managed to do a halfway decent rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the request of a Hilo girls' softball team...

Old 08-02-2011, 11:53 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,038,603 times
Renovated the Kaumela museum? There have been yard sales there lately and the folks seem to be selling everything, it sure didn't look anywhere renovated within the past decade or two, let alone 2009. Don't know who was doing the selling, but it sounded like the fellow who had been there for years and years.

The farm is supposed to be over in Kapulena, half way between Honokaa and Waipio lookout.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:55 AM

113 posts, read 252,365 times
I would hope everyone would have an open mind and watch a few (like six) episodes before passing judgement. I enjoy the show and hope it keeps running. The first two episodes were over the top, but they get better.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:48 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,110 times
Thumbs down Absolute...100%...DITTO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
I watched the first episode and thought it was awful. To give the show "the benefit of the doubt" I watched it again. The second viewing was worse than the first. I will not waste time watching this
mess again.
I cannot agree more. Gave her the benefit of the doubt and watched the
first two episodes. Her son was so unbelievably rude of the Hawaiin people and their culture I shut 'em off.
Koale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii