Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:56 AM

219 posts, read 497,319 times

Advertisements

Your post made my morning, sir. I've had some things just fall into place here and I'll be moving out in March. I spoke to my would be landlord for about 2 hours and he asked many, many questions before concluding I'm ready.

I think the naysayers find it hard to believe there are some places worse than where they are. We have them here too. I guess these people have gone from "the grass is always greener" to the "grass is always dead" on the other side.

I have not told my parents yet, how did you break it to your extended family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 10:24 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,099,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloo66 View Post
it's all about attitude my friend. I'm glad that things are working out for you.
+1

Old 12-29-2011, 10:25 AM

113 posts, read 252,341 times
Parents want what is best for you. Just tell them quick, so they don't hear it from others first.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:30 AM

11 posts, read 34,522 times
I'm glad to hear things are working out for you. Please keep us up to date on the job hunt. I will be moving in just a few month once my husband secures a good IT job. I was a bit nervous to hear that one job offered $10 per hour because thats much less than the $30 per hour he needs in order to move the big move. So far there have been jobs that pay that but they want him living on the island first before extending a job offer. I hope you are able to find the job that fits your need and that you enjoy. Wishing you the best. Marcy

Old 01-03-2012, 03:20 AM

134 posts, read 516,864 times
I totally get what you mean, TB! Living in Hawaii was the happiest time in my life. MY husband's contract was cut short and we had to come home earlier than scheduled. It broke my heart. So enjoy it for me too, okay?

About the roaches. We got dozens of the little Raid Combat Quick Kill (12 to a package) and put them around the perimeter of our house, about a 18 inches apart and replaced them every three to four months. Inside, we put everything in Ziploc bags: bread, sugar, flour, our toothpaste. Even got a toaster cover. We never left out dishes or trash. Always kept the toilet lids down. Put cups upside down over the tub drains. And that worked so well, it was amazing! Our neighbor had a Plumeria Tree and that thing attracted the big B-52's like crazy. So we'd spray across every doorway and our porch and patio. And the geckos? We encouraged them until we had about 15 happily living with us. Now the ants were just another problem all together, and our huge African yard snails were hilarious.

Glad you're loving Oahu as much as I did. I will go back someday, even if I have to live in a Matson Container with an extension cord. Not really, but you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii
View detailed profiles of: