Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island
 [Register]
Big Island The Island of Hawaii
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:16 PM

26 posts, read 337,762 times

Advertisements

I have lived off the Grid for most of my life so this is not a problem for me.

My question is where can I find the cheapest possible lots on The Big Island or maybe a abandoned home that could be possible be bought and renovated? I heard an area called Royal Gardens may have a few homes left ? Or something I may have to dirt bike it to. Any thoughts would be great or anyone that knows of a person that would owner finance something cheap.

Mahalo.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 07:49 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
I'm sure there are some property owners in the Royal Gardens who would LOVE to sell you some real estate. Unfortunately, most of it got covered by the lava flow twenty some years ago. There are scattered houses standing -- yes they are off the grid and yes you would have to hike to them because there is no other way to get there except by helicopter.

Check out the top of Hawaiian Ocean View Estates near South Point. There are cheap lots off the grid up there and they probably go cheap. No trees, just a lot of old lava. People live there and love it.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:16 PM

1,375 posts, read 6,302,002 times
To give you an idea of the current market...since 10/01/07:

Two lots in Hawaiian Ocean View Estates sold for $8,000 each.

Two lots in Nanawale Estates sold for $9,000 each, two sold for $10,000 each.

I was checking for sales under 10K for you, but you might also want to look into Eden Roc...there were a couple of sales for $11,000.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
I'm sure there are some property owners in the Royal Gardens who would LOVE to sell you some real estate. Unfortunately, most of it got covered by the lava flow twenty some years ago. There are scattered houses standing -- yes they are off the grid and yes you would have to hike to them because there is no other way to get there except by helicopter.

Check out the top of Hawaiian Ocean View Estates near South Point. There are cheap lots off the grid up there and they probably go cheap. No trees, just a lot of old lava. People live there and love it.
Well if any of you Ex-Royal Gardeners are out there let me know what if you have anything salvageable.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:25 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,594,580 times
The obsevatory at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park reported in a news release yesterday (Nov. 21) that the eruption has moved and is now once again flowing south toward Royal Gardens Subdivision. The subdivisions 2 residents have been warned.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:26 AM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,569,617 times
Ain't Madame Pele a beeeaaacchhhhh!!!! Probably shouldn't have said that......

aloha an okololemaluna

Old 11-24-2007, 02:50 PM

Arrow Dream Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
The obsevatory at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park reported in a news release yesterday (Nov. 21) that the eruption has moved and is now once again flowing south toward Royal Gardens Subdivision. The subdivisions 2 residents have been warned.
I guess the prices must be coming DOWN.

If anyone knows of a super cheap lot or LEGAL DUMP Hovel/house for sale please forward info.

Mahalo

Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 PM

Location: not sure, but there's a hell of a lot of water around here!
2,682 posts, read 7,569,617 times
Well, there's some REAL HOT property up at Royal Gardens, don't let this property just pass you by!!!! Off topic, but who owns all the "new" property that is created by Madame Pele everyday? If your property, theoretically on the water, is covered in fresh lava, and that lava continues to flow into the ocean, does it become your property because for a time it was "on" your property?? Just a thought...

Aloha and okolemaluna

Old 11-24-2007, 05:51 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,594,580 times
Nope, all "new" land belongs to the state. There was another thread mentioning a newspaper article about a Puna man being stopped from building his home near the seaside on land that once was oceanfront. For one thing he didn't have any permits, but the biggest objection the county had was that he had no survey done and the structure might be on state property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Big Island