Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 08:05 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
Look on your own insurance company website....it's there
I don't see it on my BCBS Texas website. Is it something where you can type in a CPT code?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 05:41 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Notice how the doctors and hospitals ALWAYS blame the insurance companies?

Well it is HIGH TIME WE POINT THE FINGERS AT THEM!

I remember a client telling me that her doctor complained about her insurance (that I'd helped her get) telling her it took them 2 months before he got his reimbursement. Well she gave me the details and I checked into it to see how long it actually took ... and it was 10 days right in the middle of the Christmas/New Year holidays so it was probably more like 5 business days not including weekends and holidays.

So doctors lie to their patients about insurance companies. They could not care less about helping their patient. They are in it for the MONEY. Period.

As far as why we pay more than people in other countries do, that is an EASY one. Here Americans are brainwashed to believe that only medical doctors are who they should see. Americans have NO idea that western medicine ONLY treats symptoms and does NOT bring health. So most of them don't even seek them out. More of them would if insurance paid for services of these practitioners but nowadays, few if any do. Rather, the mantra thanks to Dr.Dean Adele is that these practioners who actually are the ones who know how to help people get well are "quacks" when that could not be further from the truth. Sadly, Americans too disinterested to research on their own and find out the real truth, take his word for it. They end up the losers with poor health and a drained bank account. f

Whereas, in other countries, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, Naturopathy are all on a level playing field with Allopathy or Western Medicine. People in those countries know that Allopathic medicine is best ONLY after all else has failed EXCEPT IN ACUTE emergencies.So in other countries people with cancers or nervous system disorders or heart disease or Chrone's or what have you will go to the non-western doctors who charge less money and who actually know how to detect and eliminate the cause of the problem - usually via a major diet change and other gentle treatments, after which it is gone and robust health returns.

By going to these practioners when they are sick, foreigners spend less money and end up FAR more healthy than our country as a whole could ever hope to be if we continue down the same stupid road -- that will never lead to health. If the truth be told, Allopathic western medicine should be used to stabilize a patient, after which the Naturopaths should swoop in and guide the patient back to health.

I'm not making any of this up, I've seen it all first hand. The stats are all on the WHO website.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:37 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
So doctors lie to their patients about insurance companies. They could not care less about helping their patient. They are in it for the MONEY. Period.
Do you have a job? If so, why? What is your reason for going to work each day?

The rest is a rant by someone who obviously felt wronged by some doctor.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:26 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
As far as why we pay more than people in other countries do, that is an EASY one. Here Americans are brainwashed to believe that only medical doctors are who they should see. Americans have NO idea that western medicine ONLY treats symptoms and does NOT bring health. So most of them don't even seek them out. They end up the losers with poor health and a drained bank account. f

Whereas, in other countries, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, Naturopathy are all on a level playing field with Allopathy or Western Medicine. People in those countries know that Allopathic medicine is best ONLY after all else has failed EXCEPT IN ACUTE emergencies.

So in other countries people with cancers or nervous system disorders or heart disease or Chrone's or what have you will go to the non-western doctors who charge less money and who actually know how to detect and eliminate the cause of the problem - usually via a major diet change and other gentle treatments, after which it is gone and robust health returns.

By going to these practioners when they are sick, foreigners spend less money and end up FAR more healthy than our country as a whole could ever hope to be if we continue down the same stupid road -- that will never lead to health. If the truth be told, Allopathic western medicine should be used to stabilize a patient, after which the Naturopaths should swoop in and guide the patient back to health.
It's called integrative medicine. We're getting there, but this country is very ignorant compared to the Europeans - who are light years ahead of us in understanding bodily "dis-ease."

Old 12-03-2015, 10:37 AM

350 posts, read 416,101 times
I think that DO's (Doctor of osteopathic medicine) probably are exceptional in that they look at the whole body when diagnosing and treating illness, disease, etc. They attend 4 years of medical school (just like M.D.'s ) but have more time in hand-on manual medicine and the musculoskeletal system - approximately 300-500 hours worth. It is really a more integrative approach.

Interestingly enough, I believe that they have expanded their schools and increased enrollment in anticipation of population increases, baby boomers, additional people obtaining health insurance. I don't believe that typical medical schools have followed suit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance