Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 12:36 AM

3 posts, read 2,110 times

Advertisements

My 86yr old mother got a letter in April saying her extra drug benefit help QMB from Medicare stopped because she didnt qualify?? Then she gets a letter from Medicaid saying her monthly liability will go from 173.00 a month for Home Community based waiver services HCB waiver to 1236.00. No reason! Waiver allows you to get depends and underpad and ensure drink and a few hours a week for baths from caregiver.

So I took letter to Medicaid office and they looked in computer and said a hit came back on computer system that she has VA income?? They need a letter about it. I thought VA widow aid and attendance income was not counted and no taxes withheld. So I asked guy for an extension to get letter. April 27,2018 was last day to get it to them. He said he requested an extension, usually 10 days but they usually make it 30 days. I finally got letter from VA for Aid and Attendance and it broke it down into two parts, Pension 736.00 then Aid and Attendance 442.00 total 1176.00. I took it up June 1, 2018 and lady said she scanned into system and gave me stamped copies. She said they stopped her benefits as of 5-28-18 but as long as I got them paperwork within 30 days they can add it. I was a few days late took it June 1, 2018.

Lady told me I would get a letter in mail of the new decision. I have to send copys of letters to attorney advocacy group Monday and see what they think. So does anyone know how KY Medicaid treats VA benefits?? She gets widow spouse Aid and Attendance and is full care, needing around the clock care. Also not sure why she should have to pay a monthly payment liability on HCB Waiver service?? I read new Medicaid rules for KY exempts frail and elderly from a Premium payment on Medicaid. Not sure if that is for Waiver programs too?? Her SS income is 809.00 so now not sure if they count part of VA benefit it will put her income too high?? I cant see staying on Medicaid if Waiver cost will be 1236.00 a month and she gets 1176.00 VA and that money is for unreimbursed caregivers I hire to help her so income is a wash or zero. I might have to take something up showing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance