Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 07:47 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times

Advertisements

I see all of today's young men have muscular builds. Obviously some of them are on steroids. Many of these guys probably don't even play sports...they take steroids to appear hypermasculine/dominant and attract women. Are any of these young guys who look like such manly men today going to develop side effects? Is there any risk for disease?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Yes and yes.

Performance-enhancing drugs: Know the risks - MayoClinic.com

Old 03-23-2012, 09:48 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
The make your ballz shrink....

Old 03-23-2012, 03:44 PM

22 posts, read 20,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I see all of today's young men have muscular builds. Obviously some of them are on steroids. Many of these guys probably don't even play sports...they take steroids to appear hypermasculine/dominant and attract women. Are any of these young guys who look like such manly men today going to develop side effects? Is there any risk for disease?
How or why is it "obvious"?

Did these guys that are more masculine that you TELL you that they take steroids.

Maybe they just work out a lot and don't eat junk. Maybe they don't eat soy and drink beer which is KNOWN to make men more feminine.

Sounds more like jealosy to me.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:08 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
Not ALL steroids are "enhancing"....and yes...there is totally a risk for disease and debillitation!

Old 04-08-2012, 05:39 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal20 View Post
How or why is it "obvious"?

Did these guys that are more masculine that you TELL you that they take steroids.

Maybe they just work out a lot and don't eat junk. Maybe they don't eat soy and drink beer which is KNOWN to make men more feminine.

Sounds more like jealosy to me.
You are naive if you don't think many of these buff guys aren't on steroids. Many wouldn't be able to achieve this level of muscularity without them.

I am not jealous in the least. I think an overly built masculine body looks ugly (no matter how much our culture tries to push the idea that it's attractive). I wouldn't want to look like that.

If a man goes to the extreme to take steroids to achieve this look I can't say I feel sorry for him when he develops disease. When you do something unnatural to your body you will pay the price.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:09 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
The make your ballz shrink....

yes, this is true, but after a cycle you take clomid and you nuts come back to regular size.
i have been on steroids many times and nothing has happened to me. The nuts shrink during a cycle because your body is not producing test, but 2 weeks after your last injection take clomid for 2 weeks and the boys are back in business.

being on steriods is like being in total euphoria..

i am old now so those days are over for me, buyt boy was it fun !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness