Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times

Advertisements

I have chronic migraines, chronic Lyme and Fibromyalgia. So I have numerous issues I'm dealing with and get medications for including antibiotics. Now they think I have colitis so I have to be tested. I was talking to a friend that swears by Vemma and said she knows people that it helps with energy, migraines and colitis. It tastes terrible to me but if it helps, I can deal with it. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or drinks it on a regular basis that can see improvement in their condition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
For chronic migraines, I took feverfew daily as a preventative and another dose if I got one anyway. I went from 3_4 Immetrex injections/week to the last one maybe 12 yrs ago.

The Lancet had an article reporting 4 double blind placebo controlled studies that reported both reduced frequency and severity with the use of feverfew. You can buy it at any health food section of a grocery, I prefer the liquid by HerbPharm. The little bottle lasts a long time. My internist at the time looked it up and said it wouldn't hurt me (diabetic, hypertension).

It has a strong taste, put it in a little water, coke, juice but not milk.

Sorry but I have never hear of Vemma so I can't say anything about it but I wanted to offer you what has worked for me for migraines.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:43 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
Thx.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:07 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Vemma seems to be a multilevel marketing scam.

What is the product you are taking?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:16 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I have chronic migraines, chronic Lyme and Fibromyalgia. So I have numerous issues I'm dealing with and get medications for including antibiotics. Now they think I have colitis so I have to be tested. I was talking to a friend that swears by Vemma and said she knows people that it helps with energy, migraines and colitis. It tastes terrible to me but if it helps, I can deal with it. Just wondering if anyone has tried it or drinks it on a regular basis that can see improvement in their condition?
It's probably a good product. If you can afford it, it might worth giving it a try. $63 for a one month supply would be out of my budget but I don't have the chronic conditions you do. If you do try it, don't give up your other medications without talking to your doctor.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:43 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
It is very difficult for any of us who are suffering from multiple conditions but the thing I have learned is that the body cannot be viewed as a collection of different parts but as a whole system.

No-one can say that if they have a blood condition for example, that the liver is not involved or any of the organs for that matter - they all play a part in detoxifying, or eliminating waste effeciently, or managing hormones, or other systems of the body which are needed to run the body effectively without disease.

I think any of us with illness of any kind needs to look at our overall health and to adress the basic underlying issue rather than just concentrating on each thing which is wrong at the moment.

This approach may not be so quick, but it will be thorough and will mean that we do not get more and more diseases as we get older.

Medications only poison the body and make things worse and the drugs companies would love us to take something for this and something for that condition.

Start by informing yourself about any illness or condition you have and then work at strengthening the immune system and supporting organs of elimination and waste. Many people have inneficient guts which mean they do not get the nutrients, vitamins & minerals they need from their food. This in itself is slowly killing you.

Of course as always, the choice is ours. We can take responsibility for our body and or health or we can shift the responsibility onto others and rely on doctors and drugs companies to feed us their poisons which will have a negative impact on our longterm health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness