Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,087,302 times

Advertisements

For several years, if not more, I was frustrated by sweating in my armpits and i never truly found an anti-perspirant that worked without fail, although Degree Clinical Protection came pretty close most of the time. Speaking of....funny thing about that...I bought some of that probably six weeks or so ago and the directions said "for best results, apply before going to bed. It will not wash away in the shower". So, I did and it worked for the most part, but as usual, moisture would start to appear after getting dressed. Some days more than others, but it was inevitable that it would happen.

One day I took a shower and noticed after drying off (without anti-perspirant of any kind on me) that I was actually pretty dry down there so I decided to only put on deodorant, no anti-perspirant. Haven't sweat in my armpits ever since. All I do is just put on deodorant now and I'm fine. So, my question is this: Was there maybe something in the anti-perspirant causing moisture in some way? It's kind of baffling to me that I thought I had a problem for several years and as soon as I stop altogether the problem does as well. I used numerous types of anti-perspirant over the years so it couldn't just be caused by one brand or type.

I'm 27 so I'm an average guy who isn't really that old or that young. Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness