Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 05:04 AM

Location: The back alleys of Hong Kong and sometimes Brussels, Belgium
242 posts, read 268,797 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what would cause you to sometimes have blood on the toilet paper or in the water only sometimes for a period of 3 or 4 years? I feel soarness down below in the anal region sometimes, but it's not always this way. Anyone deal with this before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 06:19 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,729,361 times
Have you done a lot of heavy lifting? Have you been a truck driver? Have you gotten constipated and strained, while having bowel movements? It's possible that you have hemorrhoids.

There's always a possibility of colon polyps or colon cancer, but hemorrhoids are more likely.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,959,151 times
Dux, are you talking bright red blood or black/tarry blood? Generally, if you're "seeing red", it's a sign of hemorrhoids/fissure, or possibly even extremely spicy food. Black/dark indicates occult blood and means something more serious. I urge you to make an appointment with your doctor and explain just what you've said here. Nothing can replace the advice you get from your doctor - not even the excellent advice from your CD friends.

I'm a colon cancer survivor and I cannot underplay the importance of getting diagnosed/treated, or finding out that what you have is nothing more serious than over-indulgence in jalapeno peppers.

Can we count on you to follow up?

Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 AM

12,780 posts, read 15,001,003 times
Woah, you've had this for 3-4 yrs & never even went to a doctor about it?! Not from personal experience, but it could be hemrroids (sp?) which is bad enough OR something worse. Make a doctor appt ASAP.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 AM

14,016 posts, read 20,916,017 times
It blows my mind that people would have something potentially serious like rectal bleeding and instead of asking a doctor about it, they turn to anonymous strangers on a public internet forum. Sure, having a colonoscopy is no one's idea of fun, but it beats the hell out of having colon cancer. Poster Forever Blue (and others) are correct: "Make a doctor's appointment ASAP". This is not the situation to self-diagnose.

Bright red blood can also come from a polyp in the large intestine. Polyps should be removed before they become cancerous.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:40 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,831,280 times
I agree you need to see a doctor asap. You have to face this and by putting it off could be making something that could be treated much worse.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
of course see a doctor, most likely it isn't anything serious and you will put your mind at ease, but if it is serious the longer you wait the worse things will be. Most likely it is simply hemroids (spelling) or it can be a few other things. If this has been going on for 3 or 4 years why have you not talked to your doctor? You will need a colonoscopy isn't something we get excited about, but, if nothing else it will ease your mind and it might save your life..

Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,620,702 times
Dux, your not alone. I've had same deal. Mine will come and go and I've eliminated food from being the problem. Mine tends to be more stress driven.

I've had friends who have had the saem thing also. It is a good idea to go see Dr.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:28 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,068,816 times
MEN !!! What is wrong with you??? Fear of going to the doctor with a problem of this nature, I guess. My very good friend, a wonderful person, died from colon cancer. He was a MAN and also a physician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness