Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:24 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,696,713 times

Advertisements

Ugh! Today I went to get my eyes check as usual, and there was a new doctor. He told me usual contact lens are discontinued and there was no possible way I could ever get them. Well he lied!I have until the end of the year.They were trying to push these contacts I never used before on me and they all were a pain, they move in my eye has I look around and they make my eyes dry (my old contact brand was perfect)! So we went to another place and they told us they could order them but they needed the prescription but he is HOLDING our prescription for 7 days and won't give it to us which is hindering me from getting contacts before the deadline. I never heard of this. They refuse to give it. And I paid with my own money (cash). So I see where I can get them from Walgreens, but they say they need my prescription from a doctor. Why is this ? I know what my eyes are, so why the hell do I need a doctor to prove it. And since vision expires every year I have to keep going if I want to get his signature.Which is costly and unnecessary because my vision is the same I just need more pairs !

Why is it this way??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 06:48 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,041,310 times
One day I tore a lens while out and about. Went to buy a replacement box and was refused. Had to drive back home with impaired vision. I didn't have time (nor the inclination) for the $150 eye exam.
I was also told given the lecture about this being similar to buying medications without a prescription.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:54 PM

34,140 posts, read 83,155,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
So I see where I can get them from Walgreens, but they say they need my prescription from a doctor.
Why is this ?
The word is "collusion" (look it up).

Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 PM

well i just found out what they did to me today was illegal. and i was immediately entitled to my prescription after an eye exam even though they are trying to hold it hostage. now i have to fight with them tomorrow and make them give it to me.. i'll call corporate first

Old 11-21-2013, 08:03 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,998,412 times
My eye doctor gives us prescriptions for both glasses and contacts before we leave the office. What you experienced was bogus. You can have the place you want to purchase them from call the eye doctor directly.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Tip to get more lenses out of a 1-year prescription: get the type of lenses that last for a month, but tell the doctor you change them weekly. Then go online (I like VisionDirect--1-800 Contacts is too expensive) and order the whole year at once.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
My eye doctor gives us prescriptions for both glasses and contacts before we leave the office. What you experienced was bogus. You can have the place you want to purchase them from call the eye doctor directly.
the other office called them and they still refused
i was so happy today to get my new things and now i have to deal with this

Old 11-22-2013, 01:08 PM

7,530 posts, read 13,673,085 times
Default Chapter and Verse......

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
the other office called them and they still refused
i was so happy today to get my new things and now i have to deal with this
If you want to quote them chapter & verse of the Federal law, and/or lodge a complaint with the FTC, info is at this webpage

The Contact Lens Rule: A Guide for Prescribers and Sellers | BCP Business Center

Old 11-22-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed303 View Post
If you want to quote them chapter & verse of the Federal law, and/or lodge a complaint with the FTC, info is at this webpage

The Contact Lens Rule: A Guide for Prescribers and Sellers | BCP Business Center

Thank you. I had a book copy that read like old english with all the jargon.. going tomorrow. I'm worried.. I mean if they don't give it to me its not like i can call the police. it will be this whole thing and the deadline is glooming

Old 11-22-2013, 06:52 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,170,016 times
OP, I have never heard of the doctor refusing to give you the prescription. That is terrible! I would report them to the Better Business Bureau too. I hope you can get this resolved quickly. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness