Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 01:33 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times

Advertisements

I thought this was interesting to post from Discover Magazine titled ''20 things you didn't know about death''.

Few quotes like ......in 3 days after death our digestive enzymes start to eat us or that the bacteria eating us produce noxious gas that will cause our bodies will bloat and the eyes bulge out or that since the beginng of Humans in that 100 billion have died (estimate) etc...etc...

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/sep/20thingsdeath (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 03:49 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,670,656 times
That was very interesting, indeed, from the scientific perspective. Guess I have a more romantic view of death. What was it Shakespeare wrote? Something like: "To die is to sleep. Perchance to dream?"

I've heard and read about many near-death and after death experiences (and experienced an inexplicable one concerning my mother's death) to have taken death's sting and fear from my heart.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:31 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Thanks 6'3", very uplifting...

Old 01-01-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Thanks 6'3", very uplifting...
Your Welcome

It was interesting to learn about the facts they presented. Would it make you feel better Greenie to know that research labs are constantly studing the Genes and DNA in Cells to make them immortal.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
What was it Shakespeare wrote? Something like: "To die is to sleep. Perchance to dream?"

I've heard and read about many near-death and after death experiences (and experienced an inexplicable one concerning my mother's death) to have taken death's sting and fear from my heart.
Someone once told me that when we sleep it's a reminder of death to us as it immulates it.

LittleDolphin.... i hope you tell us more about your experience concerning near death experience as i'm really interested in that. I listen to those Coast to Coast national radio shows at midnight at times when i can't sleep especially when they have the ''near death experience'' guests on.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Your Welcome

It was interesting to learn about the facts they presented. Would it make you feel better Greenie to know that research labs are constantly studing the Genes and DNA in Cells to make them immortal.
Thanks, that makes me feel much better.

I'm trying to get my act together for a new year. I've got life style changes to consider right now, not my death.

I hope I don't die this year. If I do, I hope it's quick and painless and someone steps in to take care of my orphaned dog and cat.

Greenie

Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Quote:
Thanks, that makes me feel much better.

I'm trying to get my act together for a new year. I've got life style changes to consider right now, not my death.

I hope I don't die this year. If I do, I hope it's quick and painless and someone steps in to take care of my orphaned dog and cat.

Greenie
Same here. I am not afraid of being dead at all, how bad could it be? But I am AFRAID of how I will die and if it will be a long drawn out process. Hopefully I'll be gone quick, of course that is what everyone wants. And I always worry about my two cats....if my husband and I should die together in a car accident or plane crash....

Old 01-02-2008, 06:38 AM

My worst fear of dying is that somehow I'll be too weak to get up and go to the bathroom and my parents will start changing my diapers again. I can't think of anything more demeaning. If it looks like I'm headed for a long drawn out death like that, I'll have to do something to speed things up.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:01 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Quote:
My worst fear of dying is that somehow I'll be too weak to get up and go to the bathroom and my parents will start changing my diapers again. I can't think of anything more demeaning. If it looks like I'm headed for a long drawn out death like that, I'll have to do something to speed things up.

I hear you... I would never want to be a burden on somone, I'd rather be gone then.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I hear you... I would never want to be a burden on somone, I'd rather be gone then.
I could care less about being a burden on someone. I just don't want my parents wiping my bottom.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness