Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 07:56 AM

4,939 posts, read 3,315,369 times

Advertisements

I came accross the concept of having a bucket list after reading Daily Mail UK articles on people with them.
I found it an interesting concept. I myself do not have one. I do not have much health left to do any of the things I read about other people doing. Not to mention my complete list of ills, ailments and such. But just to give you an idea I have heart failure, pulmonary hypertension and osteoarthritis amongst many other things. I lead a very quiet live at home. I do not go to the shops. I even had to give up on going grocery shopping.
Some time ago I posted on the Cleveland forum about travel to Ohio. I still have a wish to go see and visit my best friend in Ohio.

Looking for a needle in a haystack, for my question, does anyone know of someone who still got to travel in a sort of similar situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 08:31 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
It might help if you explain what a "bucket list" is!

Old 07-27-2015, 08:38 AM

10,358 posts, read 7,988,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
I still have a wish to go see and visit my best friend in Ohio.

Looking for a needle in a haystack, for my question, does anyone know of someone who still got to travel in a sort of similar situation?
Check with your doctor to see if you're well enough to travel overseas. If he says yes, then arrangements can be made with the airlines to get you the assistance you'll need to go (a wheelchair to/from the gate, portable oxygen in flight, etc., just to give some possible examples).

Old 07-27-2015, 08:39 AM

10,358 posts, read 7,988,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
It might help if you explain what a "bucket list" is!
It's a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket" (die).

Old 07-27-2015, 02:17 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,667,756 times
..a question..must meeting your friend take place in Ohio? In lieu of you traveling there, might instead you gift your friend with a R/T ticket to come visit you? If your home isn't conducive to entertaining a friend, might you go to a nearby inn instead?

Your list of medical conditions sounds extensive..does your physician think it's advisable to travel? Would the altitude and compressed cabin air of flight worsen any of your conditions?

Just food for thought Being away from home with a possible medical emergency is very worrisome..it would prey on my mind....

I'm pro bucket list--and mine grows day by day--but being pragmatic enters into the picture, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness