Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 12:59 PM

586 posts, read 832,098 times

Advertisements

So, I have been suffering from a lower back "ache" that is quite annoying. I wouldnt say its pain, because it I can still carry on my day just fine without it bothering me, but there are some positions where I definitely feel it. For example, if I am sitting on a chair and need to lean forward, I feel like, sometimes its bad where I have to move slow, or sometimes I feel it but doesnt hinder me from doing what I need to do.

I used to love sleeping on my stomach. Now I cant, because I would feel the tension on my lower back. Its where my pant line is. Saw the doc a few days ago but forgot to bring it up, because it doesnt bother me to the point that I would remember to discuss it. Is there anything I can do to make it go away completely? I think its been at least 2 weeks. Its also associated with pressure in my lower belly. Had US done and found no kidney or gall stones.

Makes me feel like i am pregnant all over again, but had a pregnancy test done last month and I wasnt, still having my period (although, super, super light, not needing a pad type of period).

Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2016, 01:31 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
I don't think anyone escapes this life with no back issues. I don't remember when I last slept on my stomach....not good way to sleep as I feel it stresses the back. Stretch, strengthen stomach muscles and read some of the info on the other back issues we're discussing. Concentrate on posture. I still do back exercises I learned 30 yrs ago. Do them daily.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 03-03-2016 at 01:39 PM..

Old 03-04-2016, 09:23 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,139,928 times
A few things that helped me -- book by Esther Gokhale (I actually took the course, but I did have the book first) 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot: Esther Gokhale, Susan Adams: 9780979303609: Amazon.com: Books You can also check her out on Youtube if you don't want to spring for the book without knowing anything about what she does.

Also a yoga CD by Gary Kraftzow. http://www.amazon.com/Viniyoga-Thera...=gary+kraftsow

Old 03-05-2016, 07:05 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,000,620 times
I think all women have this at some time or another. Stretches can help. Lose a few pounds, if you need to... It's likely you picked something up the wrong way....
Relax and it will most likely go away in a few weeks. If it gets worse...see a doctor!

Old 03-05-2016, 07:17 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Low Back Pain is so common...One way to help that is to strengthen your abdominal muscles. I had to do that due to compression fracture has a youngster ( fall off horse)..So only due to my efforts to strengthen my abs made it possible to have my kids..able to continue working ..

Also learn to sleep on your side ( semi-prone) with small pillow between your knees ( which decreases stressor on ligaments in the Pelvic area)...Also learn use of proper body mechanics when lifting..use your legs muscles NOT your back muscles..

You sound young ( OP)..best you learn good posture, strength those muscles groups which strengthen ability to support stress on back...BTW~~ I learned half century ago..sleeping on stomach is very harmful (long term) to your back..especially if you sleep deeply..because often your body will force you to change position..But deep sleepers do not respond..thus cause long time forcing contraction of back muscles/legimential support system, while sleeping on stomach!! Wonder why your back hurts..cause it's been contracted for hours++++

Sure hope your morning symptoms ( which you have acknowledged) make you aware of how truly bad it is for your lower back..Sure wish you luck!!

Old 03-06-2016, 04:45 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,791,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
So, I have been suffering from a lower back "ache" that is quite annoying. I wouldnt say its pain, because it I can still carry on my day just fine without it bothering me, but there are some positions where I definitely feel it. For example, if I am sitting on a chair and need to lean forward, I feel like, sometimes its bad where I have to move slow, or sometimes I feel it but doesnt hinder me from doing what I need to do.

I used to love sleeping on my stomach. Now I cant, because I would feel the tension on my lower back. Its where my pant line is. Saw the doc a few days ago but forgot to bring it up, because it doesnt bother me to the point that I would remember to discuss it. Is there anything I can do to make it go away completely? I think its been at least 2 weeks. Its also associated with pressure in my lower belly. Had US done and found no kidney or gall stones.

Makes me feel like i am pregnant all over again, but had a pregnancy test done last month and I wasnt, still having my period (although, super, super light, not needing a pad type of period).

Try having your hip bone socket checked for loss of cartilage. I had that done and my low back pain took a hike after I got a cortisone shot....

Old 05-20-2016, 05:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,275 times
Default Lower back pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post

Go to a physiotherapist if you think it's that bad. I have heard that physiotherapy programs and simple exercises can help to treat back pain. There are many back care and rehabilitation programs provided by clinics like Physiomobility for back pain in Thornhill. Try stretching and do exercises, that might give you some relief. Most people recover quickly from their back pain if it is managed properly.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:03 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times
Learn to work with your back issues. There is SO MUCH info available to us for everything about our health today. I've had a back issue for probably 60 yrs and did a lot of bodywork and still do, but do my own stretches etc at home.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:27 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,981,341 times
My lower back has hurt off and on for years. I've found that my abdominal muscles are not strong enough and that's why my back hurts...when I strengthen my abdominal muscles, my back stops hurting. I have to keep that up, or the back pain comes back.

I strengthen my abdominal muscles with yoga, which has been very good for my back. Crunches help too.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't think anyone escapes this life with no back issues. I don't remember when I last slept on my stomach....not good way to sleep as I feel it stresses the back. Stretch, strengthen stomach muscles and read some of the info on the other back issues we're discussing. Concentrate on posture. I still do back exercises I learned 30 yrs ago. Do them daily.
you are right: and the older we get the more our back will give us trouble. I don't sleep on my stomach so can't say much about that, but I do know I can only stand for about 5 or 10 minutes without having pain and even sitting can make me uncomfortable. Of course I am getting close to 80 years old as well. I had a knee replacement about 2 years ago. It went sell, but now I am wondering if my back might have to do with hip problems. One of these days I will see my orthopedist and find out what he thinks. In the meanwhile I just will live with it and think of how much pain my 56 year old daughter is in most of the time. She has all kinds of back issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness