Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 03:59 PM

337 posts, read 208,400 times

Advertisements

How was experience with this transition and did you notice any significant health benefits? I can tell you that it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my back now that I haven't worn contacts, and I feel much more better everyday. I'm not sure about the long run, but so far it's been great!

What I'm looking for is any long term benefits that you've had such as less colds? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 04:14 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
I don't get a lot of colds anyway and never associated them with wearing contacts. My eyes do feel better - less dry. Also, it's one less worry if I do get an eye infection like pink eye. I think I've had less wrong with my eyes - less irritation, fewer eye infections ( as in maybe 1 infection in the past 7-10 years). Plus I prefer not having to worry about taking my contacts out and cleaning them. Makes travel and going out easier. I don't miss poking my fingers in my eyes at all.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:58 PM

Wow! I feel a lot better now. Thanks toosie. Anyone who thinks glasses are ugly or unmanly I can tell you it's neither. The keys are to get the right eyeglasses that looks good on you and confidence. An awesome pair of eyeglasses will change your whole outlook on wearing glasses.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:32 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah-ghr View Post
How was experience with this transition and did you notice any significant health benefits? I can tell you that it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my back now that I haven't worn contacts, and I feel much more better everyday. I'm not sure about the long run, but so far it's been great!

What I'm looking for is any long term benefits that you've had such as less colds? Thanks!

I probably wear glasses 98% of the time. For a long time, I really only wore contacts. I actually think I look better in certain frames because they hide my dark circles and they fit my face well.

No significant benefits---I had conjunctivitis here or there with contacts. My eyes are less dry without contacts in but nothing I would consider great.

I like contacts 1000x better for exercising, driving, swimming, etc.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I probably wear glasses 98% of the time. For a long time, I really only wore contacts. I actually think I look better in certain frames because they hide my dark circles and they fit my face well.

No significant benefits---I had conjunctivitis here or there with contacts. My eyes are less dry without contacts in but nothing I would consider great.

I like contacts 1000x better for exercising, driving, swimming, etc.
I agree about the exercising part. It's only been two weeks for me but my stress level has dropped significantly due to not dealing with contacts. It's like I'm a new person. As I get older, I just want to eliminate all the stress I can. Maybe, you can get glasses that strictly made for exercising? Swimming?

Old 03-21-2016, 01:32 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
I tried contacts many moons ago and couldn't deal with them...glad I never worked to make them work. Too much stress for an already stress life. I enjoy my two pair of glasses with attractive frames.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I tried contacts many moons ago and couldn't deal with them...glad I never worked to make them work. Too much stress for an already stress life. I enjoy my two pair of glasses with attractive frames.
There are some aspects to contacts that I'll miss, but the health benefits outweigh those aspects. Thanks for sharing, and I totally agree with you on getting attractive frames. It takes a while to find one, but it's worth the wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness