Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 07:50 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
^^^^ This.

I refuse to make myself crazy with all the stuff that "experts" tell us are good/not good for us. I eat a balanced diet, and have sweets, snacks and alcohol in moderation. I exercise regularly, and avoid doctors as much as possible. That's it.

We're all going to die some time. Until then, I believe in enjoying life.
Right on. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I checked, the mortality rate is 100 percent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 07:53 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
I have a little Bourbon every night. I've made it to 78.I see no reason to stop.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:05 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I have a little Bourbon every night. I've made it to 78.I see no reason to stop.
For you:

When I'm dead and in my grave,
no more bourbon will I crave.
But on my tombstone it should be wrote,
Ten thousand quarts ran down my throat!

From another bourbon man.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:21 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,360,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
The bottom line is, you gonna DIE!
No matter what you eat or drink, or what you DON'T eat or drink,
YOU GONNA DIE!
So, you might as well live happily, whatever that means to YOU!
Personally, I eat or drink what I want when I want it, and I pretty much ignore the "experts".
I have made it to the mid-70s, so it is working for me so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
^^^^ This.

I refuse to make myself crazy with all the stuff that "experts" tell us are good/not good for us. I eat a balanced diet, and have sweets, snacks and alcohol in moderation. I exercise regularly, and avoid doctors as much as possible. That's it.

We're all going to die some time. Until then, I believe in enjoying life.
Exactly. My mom and sister are obsessed about their healthy meal planning & cooking needs. It's difficult to connect with them. Oh well, their loss. In my opinion, I think it has to do more with genetics than what we actually put in our bodies.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:33 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
The bottom line is, you gonna DIE!
No matter what you eat or drink, or what you DON'T eat or drink,
YOU GONNA DIE!
So, you might as well live happily, whatever that means to YOU!
Personally, I eat or drink what I want when I want it, and I pretty much ignore the "experts".
I have made it to the mid-70s, so it is working for me so far.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Eat, drink, and be merry, for someday we're going to kick the bucket, no matter what we do.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:32 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Oh I've done years of sugars and alcohol and at this late date and I'm getting closer every day to the bucket, I want to live as healthy as I can....no drugs or to keep me propped up. I don't miss the two above indulgents for a second.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:01 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,253,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
All things in moderation.....

Except meth.

And tobacco.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:13 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,396,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
All things in moderation.....

Except meth.
Crack kills.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:29 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
All very confusing.
To me, this is what's confusing: "The debate over whether a drink or two per day is good for overall health and longevity — chiefly due to cardiovascular benefits — has raged for years," from the article in the OP.

"Raged for years?" When did we ever hear this? Maybe a glass of wine with dinner could have possible cardiovascular benefits for some people, but TWO drinks per day, EVERY day? How could any thinking person think that this might be good for him/her in any way?

Old 03-29-2016, 11:47 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
To me, this is what's confusing: "The debate over whether a drink or two per day is good for overall health and longevity — chiefly due to cardiovascular benefits — has raged for years," from the article in the OP.

"Raged for years?" When did we ever hear this? Maybe a glass of wine with dinner could have possible cardiovascular benefits for some people, but TWO drinks per day, EVERY day? How could any thinking person think that this might be good for him/her in any way?
Well, this person does! I love my two glasses of daily wine at dinner. If a person doesn't have an issue with alcohol (allergies, addiction, etc) I see no problem. There have been plenty of "studies" (not that I give an eff about those) showing that people who consume alcohol are healthier and live longer. It is whatever you choose to believe. So people, BELIEVE WHAT YOU WILL, but leave the judgments to yourself, m'kay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness