Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 11:27 AM

20 posts, read 36,608 times

Advertisements

Damn doctor won't give me a script, I pay a lot for insurance over 400.00 per month. It's not like he is prescribing me a narcotic, its only antibiotics.

High copays, high premiums and I can't get the treatment I need is hogwash.

Is there a sight I can purchase without a script
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 11:35 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
I know there are locations in other countries but I've never used them. When I feel I might need an abx and don't want to go that route I dose heavily with Echineaca for a couple days or more and often my issues are gone. I keep a stash of amoxicillan since my hip replacement and it has a long shelf live.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:42 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,260,775 times
What exactly were you diagnosed with?

Old 11-19-2016, 12:53 PM

20 posts, read 36,608 times
Bacteria infection down below

Old 11-19-2016, 01:40 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,037,035 times
Google "fish antibiotics" as they are the same as human form. Preppers store them.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:23 PM

37,107 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt257 View Post
Bacteria infection down below
What "bacteria" and which antibiotic do you plan to use for it?

It sounds like your doctor does not think you have a condition for which an antibiotic should be used. The hazard for overusing antibiotics when they are not needed is that bacteria become resistant to them and then they do not work. It's not "only antibiotics".

Old 11-19-2016, 06:48 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,573,964 times
What treatment does the Dr. prefer to antibiotics? Are you sure its a bacterial infection and not a fungal infection (ie a bad jock itch)?

Old 11-19-2016, 07:18 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,062,046 times
Quote:
Damn doctor won't give me a script, I pay a lot for insurance over 400.00 per month. It's not like he is prescribing me a narcotic, its only antibiotics.

It's ONLY antibiotics?!! Can't get the treatment you "need"??? Seriously??? You may THINK you need it, but your doctor clearly disagrees.

As another poster pointed out, if you have a condition for which antibiotics would NOT work, then your doctor definitely should NOT prescribe them. Good for your doctor, frankly. Too many doctors have prescribed antibiotics in the past for infections (e.g. viruses) that could NOT be treated with them -- which has led to major problems with resistant bacteria. See this, for example, from the CDC: CDC: 1 in 3 antibiotic prescriptions unnecessary | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC .

If you have a question about why your doctor didn't prescribe you something that you think you need, just ask him/her about it -- don't try to buy something that likely will not work.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:37 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,049,587 times
Were you honest with your doctor about what you have been up to or did you go in there and make some symptoms up, hoping to get an antibiotic? Certain infections "down below" only respond to one or two classes of antibiotics and even then they can be persistent. The doctor needs to properly diagnose the infection in order to treat it and to be sure there is not more than one bacteria at play. You also need to be checked after the treatment to be sure that it has cleared otherwise you will play the role of Typhoid Mary.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:08 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,889,499 times
Quote:

NO.

And don't say the doctor refuses to give you treatment you NEED.

My guess is you weren't straight with him.

Once a dog bit me and I wanted an a/b but I lied saying it was a tree branch thorn or she'd have to report the dog. She didn't want to give me one either. UNTIL I asked her to write her name and license number down so if I couldn't work from a swollen leg I'd know who to sue.

She wrote the script. LOL

Return2FL is correct. Not all classes of a/b resolve all bacteria so you could be wasting your time because half the time they're GUESSING which one will work best unless you get the thing cultured.

One of my clients just told me her husband had MRSA PNEUMONIA. OMG. I asked how they knew it was MRSA and it was from a culture (after a lavage)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness