Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 01:27 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Of course the cancer doctors will say that...there's MANY documented cases and published medical abstracts that say there IS....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4015162/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8387809

Your first example merely said there is a possibility and it needs more study.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 02:45 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your first example merely said there is a possibility and it needs more study.
I read both sources. Both suggested that its POSSIBLE. Neither one came to any conclusion either way. One rather large unknown is whether the patient's cancer had already spread before the biopsy was even done. You would have had to know this through whole body imaging or blood work searching for markers to even guess. So, if a patient has their very first biopsy what was present previous to the procedure is a complete unknown.

Of course it is a concern. A biopsy is invasive, no one is disputing it. Finding non-invasive ways to diagnose a cancer is the way to go. I also know that a surgeon doing a biopsy isn't going to be casually flinging material around either. They know what they are diagnosing, and the consequences.

Also, consider this....if the biopsy is positive there will be treatment (assuming the patient wants it) and follow up that will include body scans and blood work to look for other cancerous sites. Its called "staging" and plays into what treatment will be suggested. If metastases exist or could have been triggered by the biopsy treatment may well take care of them as well as the primary site. I know, I know, some cancers are not treated systemically right at that time. Something remote could be missed, but at least the person is being followed a lot more closely once they are diagnosed.

Last edited by Parnassia; 11-27-2017 at 02:55 PM..

Old 11-30-2017, 06:42 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,863,511 times
You can't worry. Of course that is easier said than done but the fact is worrying does nothing. Unfortunately cancer strikes and that's a chance we all take in life. We're all going to be dead one day. If I found out I had cancer I'd let it kill me.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:23 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
If you're really worried about cancers check out the ONCOblot test...it's amazingly accurate for a whole host of different cancers, and not invasive at all.
https://www.cancercenterforhealing.c...cer-detection/

Old 12-06-2017, 04:55 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
The odds are in my heritage that it will strike. Had genetic testing done. It's a matter of when now. Just know that at 28 I completely stopped the b c pill and any means of contraceptive,so will be curious as I hit my 60's if that was a course met with favor to slow it down. Worry though? Not for the cancer,worry more ..When and how to battle it. I've limited my regard for medicine since billions have been collected and no cure in sight.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:14 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yes, if it were cured, it would be a big loss for the Big Medical Machine (personnel, medications, equipment) and Big Pharma. One would like to think that wouldn't make a difference when it comes to life, death and/or suffering, but one would be wrong. It is all about the money anymore.

Yes, sadly.

I don't worry about it. Both of my parents had it. Mom had breast cancer in her early 40s, treated and lived to 72, and Dad died of bone cancer at 55 (smoker who underwent radiation in an Army hospital in the 1940s, the old heavy duty kind). While I still went to allopathic physicians, they wanted me to have mammograms, etc. I had none. We practice preventive medicine by exercise and diet plus homeopathy. At 63, no medications. My only fear is the government requiring me to fall in line taking away my right to make the best decisions for myself and family.

I came to believe that some of the testing done may indeed find cancer because it was creating cancer. I had talked with an experienced RN about the possibilities when a "lump" was opened to find out if it were cancerous and the possible escape of the cancer cells, if present, to other areas of the body............ Also, the whole mammogram and how that was catching so much cancer.............. Yeah, I looked in depth and make the decisions based on my ability to make judgement calls on my health and the health of my family to include pets.
My mother was convinced her cancer spread because a resident did her biopsy and took 4 or 5 tries, poking and moving cells around.

It has been proved that 1 mammo a year for 20 years has enough radiation to cause breast cancer. Ever wonder why mammos are given for free in vans that roam around? Interesting.

There was also a Canadian health study (early 2000s) of 50,000 women where the cause of death was breast cancer. Half the women had been diagnosed *early* and treated, and half were diagnosed only when near death and received no treatment.

There was NO DIFFERENCE in survival rates. That is, the untreated/undiagnosed group had the same overall death rate as the TREATED group. Which means, diagnosing and treatment doesn't prolong life. I've never seen another study like it since, most likely because the drug companies will never attempt to *prove* their testing and treatment like this again for fear of the same result. The study was buried of course and got little to no press.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:53 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
My mother was convinced her cancer spread because a resident did her biopsy and took 4 or 5 tries, poking and moving cells around.

It has been proved that 1 mammo a year for 20 years has enough radiation to cause breast cancer. Ever wonder why mammos are given for free in vans that roam around? Interesting.

There was also a Canadian health study (early 2000s) of 50,000 women where the cause of death was breast cancer. Half the women had been diagnosed *early* and treated, and half were diagnosed only when near death and received no treatment.

There was NO DIFFERENCE in survival rates. That is, the untreated/undiagnosed group had the same overall death rate as the TREATED group. Which means, diagnosing and treatment doesn't prolong life. I've never seen another study like it since, most likely because the drug companies will never attempt to *prove* their testing and treatment like this again for fear of the same result. The study was buried of course and got little to no press.

Because poor people in widely dispersed medicine-underserved communities can't get them otherwise.

Why do you think conspiracy theories is a reasonable way to get at the truth? Do you really think you are being rational and getting to an actual truth with such dogma and rationales underlying your thinking?

If you've got one study saying x and five studies saying y, and you are in charge of presenting a medical policy, do you think you should ignore the five saying Y?

How can you ever hope to get close to an objective truth when the mindset is conspiracy and never empirical determination. Is it a paranoia about "the man" getting one over you and seeing oneself as "too clever" to have the wool pulled over your eyes? Or is it fundamental attribution error and arrogance barely cloaked as wisdom?

Old 12-07-2017, 12:55 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I'm 6'3 260, so I am slightly overweight with a beer gut and I know that people with even just a little bit of belly fat are at higher risk of getting cancer. Even when I was thirty or forty pounds lighter, I still had a gut. I love sugar...lol I can't go a day without eating two or three sweet snacks. People say excess sugar consumption can lead to cancer, as well. I do eat 2-3 servings of fruit and veggies everyday though, but I know that is not enough. I exercise 2-3 times a week, but every time I eat something I worry that it could give me cancer. I just want to enjoy food.

(also I take antidepressants everyday and have for years and worry what putting those pills in my body over a long period of time will do to it)

Ok, why don't we start with which form of death are you not constantly worried about or afraid of. (You do die, every single one of us does). From there we might consider the special obsession you have with cancer.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:05 PM

11,101 posts, read 7,159,415 times
I don't worry about it, even though there is a history of it in my family. Sure, it might happen, and I'll cross that bridge if I come to it. But I see no point in worrying about something that might not occur. I also believe that we can possibly trick our bodies with our thoughts, and possibly create a more ripe atmosphere for such diseases. I'm not taking any chances!

Old 12-13-2017, 08:49 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
If I found out I had cancer I'd let it kill me.
I'd take marijuana oil, and save myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness