Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,473,476 times

Advertisements

Just curious about this, wondering if I have happened to stumble across a small pool of unhealthy women in my life. I'm middle aged myself and have my own various age related issues, but wanted to know about women in their late 30's to late 40's.

Recently divorced and my ex seemed to be sick with something weekly. Lot of it was working a stressful job, poor diet and a Diet Coke habit. Looking back, my mother always seemed to be sick on a weekly basis as well.

Started dating again, despite eating healthy, not having a stressful job and being physically active, the women I have dated seem to always have one ailment or another. Is this just something to expect from this age range of women? Getting fairly serious with one woman but getting tired of hearing about her weekly doctor's visits about one thing or another. Everything else is great, but the medical stuff is getting old fast.

I assumed that women were healthier, they outlive us guys by 6-10 years on average. This is by no means a knock on women, I want to know what to expect out there in the dating world. If regularly being under the weather is something fairly normal, I will deal with it if everything else is going great.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,499 times
Well your heading into peri-menopause land at that age.....so,,,it can be a roller coaster for sure!

Greenchili

Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Well your heading into peri-menopause land at that age.....so,,,it can be a roller coaster for sure!

Greenchili
Good point, never thought about that. Does that account for "digestive issues" as well? An upset stomach seems to always top the list of ailments among the women I know.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,514 times
I know for me my stomach has gotten a lot more sensitive and I'm 34. Waking up with more aches and pains and snaps and pops. Ugh, good times. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what else I have to look forward to.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 AM

5,119 posts, read 16,594,883 times
I'm 45, overweight but other than that, I feel fine. No prescriptions, no medical ailments other than a headache once in a while for which I take Alleve. My biggest issue is chronic, severe dry eyes which is due to my two LASIK procedures and living in a very dry climate. I lead a fairly low stress life and I think that helps. I get plenty of rest and drink lots of water. I think if I made an effort to exercise that would increase my energy levels but I HATE exercising.

I have a 34 year old niece who has all kinds of health issues. Some are related to previous injuries, others are just genetic or due to her unhealthy lifestyle.

I have a 50 year old co-worker who looks like she's 35 max. She really makes the effort to take care of herself and it shows. She rarely takes a sick day.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I'm 45, overweight but other than that, I feel fine. No prescriptions, no medical ailments other than a headache once in a while for which I take Alleve. My biggest issue is chronic, severe dry eyes which is due to my two LASIK procedures and living in a very dry climate. I lead a fairly low stress life and I think that helps. I get plenty of rest and drink lots of water. I think if I made an effort to exercise that would increase my energy levels but I HATE exercising.

I have a 34 year old niece who has all kinds of health issues. Some are related to previous injuries, others are just genetic or due to her unhealthy lifestyle.

I have a 50 year old co-worker who looks like she's 35 max. She really makes the effort to take care of herself and it shows. She rarely takes a sick day.
What does the 50yo do?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM

41,953 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Getting fairly serious with one woman but getting tired of hearing about her weekly doctor's visits about one thing or another. Everything else is great, but the medical stuff is getting old fast.
Do her and all the other women in the world a favor and stay single. If you're tired of "the medical stuff" now, how are you going to stand it 30 or 40 years from now?

Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
Good point, never thought about that. Does that account for "digestive issues" as well? An upset stomach seems to always top the list of ailments among the women I know.

Oh yeah!! for sure!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 AM

5,119 posts, read 16,594,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
What does the 50yo do?
She maintains a healthy weight through diet/exercise, has an active social life and leads a lower stress lifestyle. She has an adorable (dare I say "perfect" smile) which just draws positive energy her way. She takes great pride in her appearance but isn't a snob.

If you meant "what does she do for a living", then the answer is she's our benefifts coordinator and works in accounting as well.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Do her and all the other women in the world a favor and stay single. If you're tired of "the medical stuff" now, how are you going to stand it 30 or 40 years from now?
Just trying to figure out what is normal. I understand in 30 or 40 years doctor's visits are a regular thing, but going to various doctors 3-6 times a month for a middle aged woman seems excessive to me. Not trying to stir things up, really want to know what is normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.