Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 06:10 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times

Advertisements

If there were no age related diseases or conditions no one would die. Haven't seen that happening.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-11-2018, 06:12 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
I subscribe to a belief that it's people's expectations that leads to their experiences. I don't know about dying, per se - some people do die of "natural causes" - not sure what that means, but it is supposedly a thing.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I subscribe to a belief that it's people's expectations that leads to their experiences. I don't know about dying, per se - some people do die of "natural causes" - not sure what that means, but it is supposedly a thing.
Yes, because if you have a heart attack at 85 it's natural causes, because you heart is old and no longer works... you know... from age.

Cells stop replicating the same way as they did in our youth. Not my strong point so someone smarter can fill in the specifics (or tell me I'm wrong ).

Heck, cancer has been found in dinosaurs and I'm pretty sure they ate non processed organic foods.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:21 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,224,290 times
Quote:
You can "subscribe" to whatever belief system you wish, still doesn't change facts or human biology for that matter...

Natural causes? You don't even know what that means??

Natural causes means the "manner of death" not the "cause of death"...it means the death wasn't caused by external means such as homicide, suicide or accidental death from trauma...

That leaves all those "Age related diseases" you don't believe in on the table...heart disease, pulmonary disease, cancer etc...

Those are all "Natural causes" of death...

You opened this can of worms....you have been asked by a couple of people now...

If "Age related diseases" don't exist, what do people that "subscribe to your belief system" die of???

I've seen more than a few people die....it's rarely "pretty and peaceful" and in almost every case I have witnessed it was related to disease...

Old 06-11-2018, 06:23 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times
Quote:
I subscribe to a belief that it's people's expectations that leads to their experiences.
Very optimistic! Sounds great. Let's all expect not to get cancer, heart disease, arthritis, macular degeneration or Alzheimer's as we age.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Very optimistic! Sounds great. Let's all expect not to get cancer, heart disease, arthritis, macular degeneration or Alzheimer's as we age.
Well, you know those dinosaurs had bad attitudes.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:28 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You can "subscribe" to whatever belief system you wish, still doesn't change facts or human biology for that matter...

Natural causes? You don't even know what that means??

Natural causes means the "manner of death" not the "cause of death"...it means the death wasn't caused by external means such as homicide, suicide or accidental death from trauma...

That leaves all those "Age related diseases" you don't believe in on the table...heart disease, pulmonary disease, cancer etc...

Those are all "Natural causes" of death...

You opened this can of worms....you have been asked by a couple of people now...

If "Age related diseases" don't exist, what do people that "subscribe to your belief system" die of???

I've seen more than a few people die....it's rarely "pretty and peaceful" and in almost every case I have witnessed it was related to disease...
No. Dying of natural causes does not indicate disease. Actually, just the opposite.

I don't like your attitude - rude.

I did answer - you just didn't "accept" my answer.

I disagree with you about "facts." Have you heard of quantum physics? A main premise is that observation of something changes that thing . . . so someone observing a "fact" is having an influence on it. This has been proven - check out the research.

Anyway, I was just curious why people would insult someone who has lived a long time and recommends a supplement when the same people subscribe to a belief in "age related disease." Those TWO factors together, in combination, is what I am interested in.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:50 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
Quote:
No. Dying of natural causes does not indicate disease. Actually, just the opposite.

I disagree with you about "facts." Have you heard of quantum physics? A main premise is that observation of something changes that thing . . . so someone observing a "fact" is having an influence on it. This has been proven - check out the research.

Anyway, I was just curious why people would insult someone who has lived a long time and recommends a supplement when the same people subscribe to a belief in "age related disease." Those TWO factors together, in combination, is what I am interested in.
No one should insult anyone. Also, there is always the chance that the person right.

But there are many people who live into their 90s and 100s who can tell you something special they ate, did, didn't do, even a supplement they took. There's no cause and effect element most of the time. My grandmother who lived into her 90s ate blood pudding. Did that cause her to live into her 90s? Her children all lived very long lives. It was built in=genetics. No one had OA or RA or cancer or heart disease. They all died of "old age." That's what the drs called it.

As for expectations, there IS something to that. I have heard many drs say that the will to live is very strong. In this context, it was usually about a dying person living long enough for her son to get to the hospital to see her for the last time. Probably a positive attitude is a good thing. But I'm not a great believer in mind over matter--that's just me. I can convince myself that a treatment will work, but guess what? I try that treatment and it does absolutely nothing. I can also tell myself that something will NOT work and will be blown away when it actually does work. That's just me though.

I don't think you can "will away" cancer or heart disease or any other disease. But there is a mind-body connection. Probably it's stronger in some people than in other people. After a great emotional loss, I would think the body would be more prone to illness. But I don't know why. Stress? But illness occurs in people who are happy and whose lives are going great and thinking it can't happen to them.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:52 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,224,290 times
Quote:

1. You admit above you didn't even know what "Natural Causes" meant....now you are able to discern it is the "opposite of disease"?

No...not true. Dying is natural but it doesn't happen magically....

"Something" shuts down most commonly the heart...from heart DISEASE...one of those "age related diseases"

2. No you haven't answered the "question" about "how" people die that don't believe in "age related diseases"...just re read all your posts....no answer to be found

3. You can disagree with "facts" all you want and your "interpretation" of quantum physics is flawed to say the least. So if I "observe" the sun rising in the East...how have I "influenced" that "fact"?

It's all trendy and new agey to deny "facts" but those pesky things still exist....Quantum physics doesn't "explain away" why "age related diseases" wait for it....become more common, and ultimately inescapable as we age...

4. Maybe people get tired, REALLY tired of the same person trumpeting the same supplement over and over and OVER ascribing near magic and mystical powers to something that to date hasn't been proven to DO anything...

5. Maybe the same people who believe in things like facts, and science/biology, and evidence would like to see some EVIDENCE....makes perfect sense to me...

Old 06-11-2018, 06:55 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If there were no age related diseases or conditions no one would die. Haven't seen that happening.
Usually lack of air(oxygen) or lack of blood play a fierce part in a persons departure from earth so to speak.

I think I understand the OP's stance. Just not sure its an either or in dealing with a persons health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness