Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 01:57 PM

892 posts, read 483,916 times

Advertisements

any advice for a sprained hand, other than icing and raising it regularly? am thinking of anti-inflammatory foods to help with the healing process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 02:19 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,787,820 times
Do you know for certain it's a sprain? When I've sprained ankles usually the advice included icing as soon as possible (but not for extended periods...got to let the joint warm up and cool down in cycles), elevation, compression to limit swelling, and gentle flexing of the joint to keep circulation going which promotes healing.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezku View Post
any advice for a sprained hand, other than icing and raising it regularly? am thinking of anti-inflammatory foods to help with the healing process.
If it's a sprain, it can take some time to heal. You can find lists of anti inflammatory foods on the net.

Using an ace wrap or a wrist support could benefit. Just thinking what I would do. I use many ointments for the arthritis I deal with so I would be rubbing some ointments on the hand, like DMSO and some of the CBD salves I use and others. I use Topricin which is a great homeopathic topical. So many thoughts on what I'd do.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-18-2018 at 02:45 PM..

Old 10-18-2018, 06:21 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,647,828 times
I just strained or sprained my hand and a wrist restraint helps. You can get them at CVS or Walgreens or other drug stores.

Old 10-18-2018, 09:02 PM

3,299 posts, read 3,023,195 times
If you want to go really alternative, you might take a look at healing using tuning forks. Some folks think using them can accelerate the body's natural healing processes. I have an Om 136.1hz that I got on Amazon. I use it for hand pain and trigger finger relief and it works for me.

Old 10-19-2018, 02:33 PM

892 posts, read 483,916 times
great tips!! i'd fallen to the side of an (unnoticed) curb, and the right edge of my palm flew out to catch the fall--yowch! so far, getting better per yr input; i noticed that taking my ring off seemed to ease the process of swollen finger.

joked with a friend the eve of the fall : "the right surface has zero wrinkles; maybe the
secret of 'eternal youth' lies in falling down on it" (oh, wait --that's about not learning from
a mistake about not paying attention to my surroundings as i get older... ; )

Old 10-20-2018, 10:49 AM

689 posts, read 973,055 times
Try an ointment called Inflamyar. It's a great homeopathic remedy that has arnica and 9 other elements that help reduce pain and inflammation from sprains, sports injuries, etc. I used it after I got a shin splint and it really helped! You can get it on Amazon or at an integrative pharmacy.

https://www.amazon.com/Adel-75-Infla...ords=inflamyar

Old 10-20-2018, 11:13 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
Try an ointment called Inflamyar. It's a great homeopathic remedy that has arnica and 9 other elements that help reduce pain and inflammation from sprains, sports injuries, etc. I used it after I got a shin splint and it really helped! You can get it on Amazon or at an integrative pharmacy.

https://www.amazon.com/Adel-75-Infla...ords=inflamyar
Hey, I just ordered it for all the inflammation I deal with...might as well add another product..those homeopathics are pretty amazing. Thanks...

Old 10-26-2018, 07:34 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,647,828 times
Yes, Arnica cream helps, as do CBD creams.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:23 AM

15 posts, read 8,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezku View Post

I've stopped having any pain from arthritis (early stages), but I take Ginger Root in water (make a tea), and I use Cinnamon in my steel-cut oats. Turmeric is highly popular with folks who want an alternative to otc's or drug scripts. I also use Vitamin supplements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine