Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 04:27 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,288,307 times

Advertisements

I’m willing to admit it. If men had to have the babies, there would be A LOT less people in the world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 02:40 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,555,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
When I had my first c-section, I could feel cutting, tugging, and pulling. I had been given morphine and even though I could feel all of it, none of it hurt. Maybe she experienced something like that, when she was expecting to feel nothing at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
That is what I suspect happened. I agree that it did not really "hurt" (during my second C-section) but one of my first thoughts was "What are they doing? Breaking my ribs to get the baby out?".
+1.
I had only an epidural, no morphine or pain killers when I had my twins by C-section. All that cutting and pulling was distinctly unpleasant and unsettling - not really painful, but I did grit my teeth a lot. The doctor had told me exactly what to expect or I would have been alarmed and thought the epidural wasn't working as it should.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:02 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,202,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
+1.
I had only an epidural, no morphine or pain killers when I had my twins by C-section. All that cutting and pulling was distinctly unpleasant and unsettling - not really painful, but I did grit my teeth a lot. The doctor had told me exactly what to expect or I would have been alarmed and thought the epidural wasn't working as it should.

When I got my hemorrhoids removed they kept telling me just one more and I kept asking when they were going to put me to sleep. I did have an IV in my arm and they might have tried to put me under; but I kept counting snips or stiches or something going wrong back there. I finally went to sleep, but to this day; I think that I passed out from the pain.

My hemorrhoids recurred; but I did not volunteer for another surgery!

Old 08-09-2018, 08:14 PM

4,491 posts, read 4,997,066 times
I had 2 epidurals during my c section.
And yes, I still felt some tugging and twisting. I thought to myself, "am I suppose to be feeling this kind of pressure? " it was quick, but I sure do remember that feeling.

Fast forward to today. A colonostomy.
Best sleep I've had in my life!!!!

Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 PM

432 posts, read 978,834 times
First off, if you offer OB services the standard of care is "Thirty Minutes or Less from Decision to Incision." That means when the OB doctor says we have to cut STAT you should be cutting within 30 minutes. That means the doctor, assistant, OR nurse, OR Technician, pediatric staff and the anesthesia provider have to all be immediately available. The anesthesiologist was not so he is going to be primary in the suit. Secondly, you can do a C-section with local anesthesia. It may not be the best but it can be done. I am fairly sure they stuck local in and did not just cut on her bare skin. Now the interesting part, anesthesia people get paid to do epidurals. To do that you have to see the patient in early labor, get a history, do an exam and then stick it in. Had she had one then all that would be needed is to raise the strength of the local agent they were using in the epidural. Where this lady and her lawyer may really make a killing is if an epidural was not offered to her. SOMETIMES a patient has no insurance so they try to "save" her money by not offering elective pain relief. If they can prove the hospital or the OB doctor had a practice of not offering epidurals to poor patients then they got the potential of a class action suit against them by all the patients who never got offered one. LADIES, if you want an epidural then ask for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness