Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2020, 03:26 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,367,588 times

Advertisements

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ic/5403847002/

Quote:
Since April, the Federal Trade Commission also has issued at least 37 warning letters to health clinics and wellness centers across the nation, accusing them of overhyping similar high-dose IV infusions of vitamin C. The FTC regulates against deceptive business practices and accused the clinics of unlawfully marketing such therapies to prevent or treat COVID-19, a disease without a proven cure or prevention.

Desperate times lead to fraud and quacks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 07:39 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
This is hard to believe, our FBI going into clinics that dispense Vit C I'V's and warning them or they'll shut them down....nothing else to do FBI?

I take higher doses of Vit C daily and my grandgirl works in a clinic in LA that does a large amount of Vit C I'V's. More and more want to strengthen their immune systems during this Covid mess.

Vit C is not quack and Linus Pauling is turning over in his grave now.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:41 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This is hard to believe, our FBI going into clinics that dispense Vit C I'V's and warning them or they'll shut them down....nothing else to do FBI?

I take higher doses of Vit C daily and my grandgirl works in a clinic in LA that does a large amount of Vit C I'V's. More and more want to strengthen their immune systems during this Covid mess.

Vit C is not quack and Linus Pauling is turning over in his grave now.
From the Pauling Institute:

https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/COVID19/...c-and-covid-19

"March 13, 2020 – The Linus Pauling Institute is closely watching the clinical trials with intravenous (IV) vitamin C and COVID-19-related pneumonia with great interest. However, there currently are no available data to show vitamin C can prevent or successfully treat COVID-19 infections. Once the trial data are available for review, the LPI will comment on the efficacy of IV vitamin C in COVID-19."

How much do those IVs cost?

Large doses of vitamin C by mouth do not do anything useful. It just creates an excess that is eliminated by the body.

Questions about Vitamin C - Linus Pauling Institute Blog

Clinics that sell unproven treatments and claim they have medical benefits should be shut down.

Old 07-31-2020, 10:44 PM

Illegally billing insurance and Medicare is a crime.

From the original article in this thread:

Quote:
In the federal case near Detroit, Dr. Charles Mok has been charged with health care fraud and is accused of using the pandemic as an opportunity to bill insurers, including Medicare, for high-dose vitamin C intravenous infusions that authorities say were “fraudulently represented as COVID-19 treatments and preventative measures.”

His case drew investigators from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the FBI, who wore protective gear during the raid in April to guard against exposure to COVID-19. Mok's next court date is scheduled for September.

Since April, the Federal Trade Commission also has issued at least 37 warning letters to health clinics and wellness centers across the nation, accusing them of overhyping similar high-dose IV infusions of vitamin C. The FTC regulates against deceptive business practices and accused the clinics of unlawfully marketing such therapies to prevent or treat COVID-19, a disease without a proven cure or prevention.

Wake up and smell the roses. It does not work and over billing is a CRIME!!!

Old 07-31-2020, 10:48 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Illegally billing insurance and Medicare is a crime.

From the original article in this thread:

Wake up and smell the roses. It does not work and over billing is a CRIME!!!
I hope the FBI treats Big Pharma docs the same way in their billing practices.

I just re-read the article and I'll take Vit C drips any day for fighting the Covid.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-31-2020 at 10:57 PM..

Old 07-31-2020, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I hope the FBI treats

This has nothing to do with "Big Pharma docs the same way in their billing practices." It is all about Quacks, greed and playing on peoples fears. It's ILLEGAL!

A bag of this miracle drug, Vit C, costs next to nothing for the clinic and they charge a fortune after being told that it is a a scam and illegal

These Quacks over-hype it and claim it prevents CV. That is more than enough reason to close them down

COVID-19 doctor charged in multimillion-dollar fraud case

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...se/3038526001/

Quote:
On April 20, the cooperating witness gave investigators internal records showing Allure had submitted at least 98 claims to insurance companies, including Medicare, for the infusion therapy services, according to the government.

Mok’s billings place him in the 99th percentile in the U.S. for potentially cosmetic-related procedures, according to the agent.

Since January 2018, Allure has billed Medicare for $41.4 million worth of treatments and been paid $12.5 million.

According to Medicare data for the last six months of 2019, Allure was paid $3.1 million for a particular treatment – or more than five times as much as the next highest practice nationwide.
I hope that this answers any questions regarding illegal billing practices.

No, Megadoses Of Vitamin C Will Not Cure Coronavirus

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevens.../#63a08c0c1a4a

Quote:
Dozens of studies of new treatments for COVID-19 are being launched right now, with remarkable speed due to the urgency of the pandemic.The WHO has just launched trials of the 4 most promising existing drugs (which don't include vitamin C, I should add). To obtain a believable, positive result, we need to see evidence that a carefully administered treatment provides a significant benefit over what we're doing now–which is little more than supportive care, unfortunately.

Meanwhile, we'll have to wait and hope that one of the plausible efforts currently under way will yield an effective treatment. We've been down this road too many times with vitamin C, though, and the chances that it will have any effect are, based on past experience, close to zero.
Overcharging for a substance that doesn't work??????????????????????????????????

Last edited by mike1003; 07-31-2020 at 11:20 PM..

Old 08-01-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
I hope the FBI treats Big Pharma docs the same way in their billing practices.

I just re-read the article and I'll take Vit C drips any day for fighting the Covid.

You are talking apples and oranges again.

A crime (over billing for a quack cure after being warned) is a FEDERAL CRIME. And, vit C drips are a fraudulent quack (I won't even call it a cure) substance. This is not Alt Med
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness