Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 03:41 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,433,890 times

Advertisements

I am curious to know how you guys are handling routine medical visits like yearly physicals, blood tests , and dental cleanings Etc ?

I have been holding off on everything but if this Covid thing isn't going anywhere then something needs to be done right ? Are you guys not planning on getting blood tested until this is over or absolutely necessary ? My doctor tells me the procedure has been perfected to provide adequate safety. I also know facilitates are hurting for business.....I ALSO know that putting off these sorts of things can prove to be problematic at a later date.

What are you guys are doing about it ?

I am taking care of my teeth like never before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 04:02 PM

23,346 posts, read 18,916,990 times
I've only had 3 scheduled appointments since this began. The dental appointment was postponed as the practice adjusted their office sanitizing/isolation procedures and daily client loads, but it still happened. They were meticulous before and still are. The only thing that really changed was adhering to the providers' new protocols (including the quick Covid-19 swab test 48 hours before) which I followed to the letter. One follow-up was done via Telehealth rather than face to face which made sense. One test at the hospital added a temperature check/screening questions upon arrival, but was conducted with the same disinfection protocols they would have used before. The main difference was both of us wore masks.

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-30-2020 at 04:32 PM..

Old 07-30-2020, 04:14 PM

14,340 posts, read 11,733,236 times
I had to get a root canal and crown back in May; it was a dental emergency and I had to go in twice before it was done. The dentist and assistants wore masks and gloves and I was in a small private room; it was not worrisome.

I had a yearly well-woman visit with my gyn yesterday. Other than the fact that we were both wearing masks, it was as normal. I asked her if people have been putting off their routine exams and she said, for the most part, no. Since they were allowed to reopen (in a "non-emergency" capacity), there has been the usual steady stream of women have been scheduling and coming in for their yearly exams.

It's important to take care of your health and not to put off routine tests. I wouldn't be the least bit worried about getting a blood draw in a reputable facility.

Old 07-30-2020, 05:18 PM

8,781 posts, read 5,074,069 times
DH had a root canal, went great. I went for routine blood work. The tech, had on face mask,below her nose, and no gloves.

Old 07-30-2020, 06:24 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,433,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
DH had a root canal, went great. I went for routine blood work. The tech, had on face mask,below her nose, and no gloves.
Did you file a formal complaint and if not why ?

Old 07-30-2020, 09:21 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,409,633 times
My husband just asked me if he should keep a routine dentist appointment scheduled for next week. I told him: “No. Definitely skip it.”

My reasoning: We are in a big Covid hotspot (FL) so the chance of him catching the virus is not insignificant. On the other hand, although my husband is 63, he still does not have a single cavity or any other dental problem. So, the chances of catching Covid are higher than the chances anything productive is going to happen during the office visit.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:25 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,588,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
WOW, I would have walked out.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:38 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,588,090 times
At my Oncologist's office, the waiting room chairs are spaced 6 ft, but it is a very large room and I can easily space further than that. Masks of course and temp is taken at the entry. I take wipes and don't touch the elevator buttons or get in there with anyone else. The appointment staff no longer does face to face, only by phone now. The infusion room is large and spacing is easy. Haven't been to the GP yet, but will be taking my husband on Monday. We will take Uber, which bothers me a little. Hope I can roll down the window,

Old 07-30-2020, 10:56 PM

10,912 posts, read 7,417,733 times
I had to pick up some paperwork from my doctor's office. They told me on the phone to wear a mask, but there was no sign on the door. Nobody was taking temperatures, there were several people in the waiting room (though far apart and wearing masks). It didn't fill me with confidence; I'm holding off on appointments as long as possible.

Old 07-31-2020, 08:01 AM

3,064 posts, read 3,330,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I am curious to know how you guys are handling routine medical visits like yearly physicals, blood tests , and dental cleanings Etc ?

I have been holding off on everything but if this Covid thing isn't going anywhere then something needs to be done right ? Are you guys not planning on getting blood tested until this is over or absolutely necessary ? My doctor tells me the procedure has been perfected to provide adequate safety. I also know facilitates are hurting for business.....I ALSO know that putting off these sorts of things can prove to be problematic at a later date.

What are you guys are doing about it ?

I am taking care of my teeth like never before.
Yearly doctor appointments for physicals, checkups postponed from March April can be rescheduled for May June. When you do go procedure is different. Nurses will do screening including a temp check. May have no form to fill out, everything on an Ipad type device. If you call first may be easier to get in.

No problem for routine blood test. Left arm or right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness