Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2020, 08:22 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,365,087 times

Advertisements

I tried to get a flu vaccine about 3 weeks ago. The pharmacy was out and suggested I try again a few days later. I didn't make it back as I'm limiting my trips out of the house and was just too tired to go out for it after a few very long work weeks.

Now Covid is really spiking in my town and state. We have enough food and other supplies to last for quite awhile. The only reason for me to go out for the next few weeks would be to get the flu vaccine. I'm currently thinking I won't worry about it for now. I'm not out where I could contract flu and don't think it's worth being around people at a pharmacy for a shot that I probably don't need given the masks and limited time out of the house.

Thoughts? Did you get a vaccine this year?

Old 11-18-2020, 09:06 PM

5,719 posts, read 4,305,135 times
I dont think there's much risk involved if you and everyone is wearing a mask and keeping distance. It takes a few seconds to get the shot. The only reason I haven't got mine yet is because they are only giving shots by appointment this year, but I plan to within the week.

Old 11-19-2020, 03:32 AM

882 posts, read 768,495 times
I would go get it.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:10 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,238,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I dont think there's much risk involved if you and everyone is wearing a mask and keeping distance. It takes a few seconds to get the shot. The only reason I haven't got mine yet is because they are only giving shots by appointment this year, but I plan to within the week.
I think that same logic would apply to one's chances of getting the flu. With all the covid precautions it is likely to be the least widespread flu season ever.

Old 11-19-2020, 01:09 PM

17,607 posts, read 13,393,649 times
Just call any pharmacy and if they have it, go get vaccinated, NOW!

Old 11-19-2020, 02:01 PM

23,351 posts, read 18,930,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I tried to get a flu vaccine about 3 weeks ago. The pharmacy was out and suggested I try again a few days later. I didn't make it back as I'm limiting my trips out of the house and was just too tired to go out for it after a few very long work weeks.

Now Covid is really spiking in my town and state. We have enough food and other supplies to last for quite awhile. The only reason for me to go out for the next few weeks would be to get the flu vaccine. I'm currently thinking I won't worry about it for now. I'm not out where I could contract flu and don't think it's worth being around people at a pharmacy for a shot that I probably don't need given the masks and limited time out of the house.

Thoughts? Did you get a vaccine this year?
Got mine at a grocery store pharmacy. I called ahead for availability and to ask whether I needed an appointment. Yes to the first, no to the second but if I demanded a set time they'd do it. The whole event took about 5 minutes. I never had to be within 6 feet of anyone other than the nurse who gave it. Walked in the door of the store, straight to the pharmacy, handed them my card/money, got the shot and walked out again. Completely reasonable. If you worry about getting the flu, just get it over with and go on with your life.

Last edited by Parnassia; 11-19-2020 at 02:14 PM..

Old 11-19-2020, 03:31 PM

1,940 posts, read 704,755 times
I got one at a neighborhood Rite Aid on 9-10. I also had a call from the local Assembly woman's office offering flu shots
around election day at a nearby "Y." They usually give them at her office but with Covid, had to make other arrangements.
Actually, the last time I remember having the flu, I was in high school. But I remember how sick and awful it felt. So I'll do
my best to get the shot and I'm lucky to have several options available.

I wish you the best. Like someone mentioned, you may need an appointment to get it, but it will give you some peace of mind.

Old 11-19-2020, 03:36 PM

26,658 posts, read 28,724,063 times
Unfortunately we have a rule about vaccine threads. They always cause fights so this thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness