Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 09:32 PM

155 posts, read 205,253 times

Advertisements

So if I drink milk in anything even coffee, protein shake etc... my body will make me regret it later as in it will make me go to the bathroom. Why is this happening to me? I didn't use to be like this and this has been happening for 2 months ago which is annoying which means I cant take protein shake because I don't know how else to take it without milk. I also like starbucks from time to time and I cant even have that. This all happen once I got started to get healthy and used to go to gym 2 times a day before the corona virus. Why does being healthy sucks because now I cant drink milk and I even tried latose free milk and same thing. I miss milk. I like being healthy but this is a weird side effect for me.

Last edited by helpmeout1; 04-01-2020 at 09:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 09:38 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Perhaps you’ve become lactose intolerant. Try lactose free milk. Google it and check the symptoms against what’s happening to you.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:52 PM

155 posts, read 205,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Perhaps you’ve become lactose intolerant. Try lactose free milk. Google it and check the symptoms against what’s happening to you.
I tried lactade and store brand lactose free milk and they arent helping me because it still makes me have to go to the bathroom. I hate getting older and I am only 25. This never used to happen to me before and it sucks and just last year I started having seasonal allergy and I am like what the heck.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:22 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,773,199 times
Humans are the only beings that drink cow's milk after weaned from their mothers....for starters...

There are many cow's milk substitutes which I would ONLY use if I made these drinks...

Almond, Hemp, Coconut, Hazelnut, Oat MILKS and I probably forgot some.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:04 PM

44,635 posts, read 61,653,458 times
I changed years ago to regular Soy milk, not flavored, after a doctor recommended it. No more milk problems now.

Old 04-01-2020, 11:43 PM

972 posts, read 543,303 times
I realized when I was in my early 30s that I was lactose intolerant. After not consuming any dairy products for a few months, I tried a lactase pill with a small cut from a friend's eggplant Parmesan sandwich. After about three bites, I was in the bathroom regretting it. I stayed away from milk for a few more years, then tried lactose again and was fine. I seem to have regained some tolerance, because I've occasionally forgotten to take my lactose with a dairy serving and was fine. But if I start making a habit of it, I get that tell-tale cramp and get back to moderation and lactase.

Last edited by Masamune; 04-01-2020 at 11:59 PM..

Old 04-01-2020, 11:48 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,060,171 times
did you try a new and different brand of protein powder? They are NOT all the same. Some cause bubble guts and farty attacks - switch to another brand and try just half a scoop.

Also, chocolate ones combine with water just fine.

Also, Almond "milk", Rice "milk" or whatever works too. I use and recommend Trader Joes Blueberry Lavender Almond "milk".

Old 04-02-2020, 04:39 AM

1,198 posts, read 662,538 times
I am one who can handle plain Greek yogurt or very occasional fermented cheese but NOT straight milk. I have been drinking plant milks since the year 2000. I used to drink soy milk a lot until I discovered it was the culprit in my thyroid meds not working. Then I switched to almond and cashew milks and have not had issues. New on the plant milk scene is pea milk (Ripple brand is one example) which like dairy milk and soy milk has 8 grams protein per cup and comes in various richness from full fat to unsweetened lower fat. It is thick and creamy like dairy style milk, and soy free. Works well in a lot of baking and cooking. I've made mashed potatoes with it and had success.

I am personally pescetarian (I eat fish 1-2x week) otherwise lacto ovo vegetarian. Though I use processed protein powders once in a great while, I wouldn't rely on them too much unless you need to for medical reasons. You can get a good bit of protein from whole food sources (meat, fish, eggs, nuts/seeds, beans, whole grains, leafy greens). Be careful especially with plant based protein powders as studies have shown them to be highest in lead and arsenic content. Google consumer reports on that or read this: https://www.consumerreports.org/diet...n-supplements/

Old 04-02-2020, 05:02 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
We are not designed to need milk after we are eating solid food. Perhaps your body is telling you that.

As previously stated, there are better products for your smoothies and coffee.

I personally keep almond and coconut milk on hand. I also use a product called "Better Half", which is a blend of coconut cream and almond milk, in my coffee. Once your taste buds adjust to them, you might find you like them better than dairy products.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:10 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,073,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmeout1 View Post
So if I drink milk in anything even coffee, protein shake etc... my body will make me regret it later as in it will make me go to the bathroom. Why is this happening to me? I didn't use to be like this and this has been happening for 2 months ago which is annoying which means I cant take protein shake because I don't know how else to take it without milk. I also like starbucks from time to time and I cant even have that. This all happen once I got started to get healthy and used to go to gym 2 times a day before the corona virus. Why does being healthy sucks because now I cant drink milk and I even tried latose free milk and same thing. I miss milk. I like being healthy but this is a weird side effect for me.
Whatever is happening to you is not a side effect of being healthy.

Since you had the same reaction to lactose-free milk, you might have developed an intolerance or allergy to the dairy proteins casein or whey. What kind of protein is in your protein shake besides the milk proteins? Any reactions to other foods/drinks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness