Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 09:59 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,103,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
https://breggin.com/faucis-remdesivi...tially-lethal/When you've got the IM departments at UTSW in Dallas, Methodist/Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Medical Center Houston, Harvard, Yale, Brown, Columbia, Emory, UFlorida, Miami, Vanderbilt, Chicago, Stanford, UCSF, UCLA, USC and many others not just saying but making it policy that Ivermectin is for worms not covid. The handful of loudmouths pushing ivermectin are most assuredly on an island.
Its clear from the ivmmeta.com that he is not on an island using Ivermectin. Its sad these institutions want to tow the line for Fauci and cash in on Remdesivir at the expense of intentional harm to their patients.

Quote:
If anyone knows of an IM department that allows Ivermectin as a treatment for covid not involving patients with worms I'd like to hear about it.
You can do some searches for Joseph Varon and decide for yourself

Quote:
I'm of the opinion that Ivermectin should be studied further and in fact that is happening that's it.....and Malik shouldn't be involved.
You can see the studies at ivmmeta.com and compare it to the shoddy study that got Remdesivir approved - Link, Link2, Link3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 01:30 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
Our hospital and every hospital out there that does research has to have an IRB. I was on the IRB for about five years. We approve or disapproved research after reading the protocols and asking the researcher direct questions.

"I. IRB Organization

1. What is an Institutional Review Board (IRB)?

Under FDA regulations, an IRB is an appropriately constituted group that has been formally designated to review and monitor biomedical research involving human subjects. In accordance with FDA regulations, an IRB has the authority to approve, require modifications in (to secure approval), or disapprove research. This group review serves an important role in the protection of the rights and welfare of human research subjects.

The purpose of IRB review is to assure, both in advance and by periodic review, that appropriate steps are taken to protect the rights and welfare of humans participating as subjects in the research. To accomplish this purpose, IRBs use a group process to review research protocols and related materials (e.g., informed consent documents and investigator brochures) to ensure protection of the rights and welfare of human subjects of research."

https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-infor...sked-questions

The doctor was doing research that was only three months long and not the whole year or two like most typical for such research. Certain drugs were all over the news and came to the attention of the FDA. They either had EUA approval for COVID and later withdrawn from EUA authorization or were placed in the clinical research allowance.

Based on the hospitals action it is clear that he did not have EUA authorization to use it and or did not apply to the IRB to use at that institution as a research protocol.

No more and no less happened. It appears that he was sanctioned for doing research without approval. He and his group decided to publicize it because he thought it saved lives and would encourage others throughout the country to go there specifically for that treatment putting the hospital in jeopardy in terms of AE outcomes and flooding the ICU by believers of Ivermectin.
False, he was not sanctioned.

They issued the directive to all physicians in the critical care unit for treating COVID patients. They had him in mind, perhaps, but he was not individually sanctioned.

All drugs he’s using are FDA approved. He maybe using them off label (eg IVM for COVID) but you don’t need any approval to use off label. Happens all the time. In the ICU around 40% of drugs are prescribed off label. Doctors are generally afforded considerable leeway here.

Old 11-19-2021, 01:36 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,405,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Its clear from the ivmmeta.com that he is not on an island using Ivermectin. Its sad these institutions want to tow the line for Fauci and cash in on Remdesivir at the expense of intentional harm to their patients.

You can see the studies at ivmmeta.com and compare it to the shoddy study that got Remdesivir approved - Link, Link2, Link3
ivmmeta.com is just some website that that keeps track of all the ivermectin studies by some anonymous person.

Old 11-19-2021, 02:03 PM

1,147 posts, read 863,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post

They issued the directive to all physicians in the critical care unit for treating COVID patients. They had him in mind, perhaps, but he was not individually sanctioned.

All drugs he’s using are FDA approved. He maybe using them off label (eg IVM for COVID) but you don’t need any approval to use off label. Happens all the time. In the ICU around 40% of drugs are prescribed off label. Doctors are generally afforded considerable leeway here.
I stand corrected on him being sanctioned by the hospital as of yet. He was reprimanded by the state medical board.

"He was notably reprimanded by the Virginia Board of Medicine earlier this year for prescribing controlled substances to people who weren’t his patients, but still says he finds it bizarre he can’t issue medications."

There's a few doctors out there from the same group or at least using Ivermectin and some have lost hospital privileges I believe. I am not going to look those up.

The hospital itself is not commenting on any actions or statements made by the hospital to him.

“They haven’t told me I’m no longer the director, but as it stands today, I am the director of the ICU,” he said.

Again one needs permission to do research. He was doing research on the off label use of Ivermectin and was publishing the research. If you are going to do research with aspirin you need permission to do it. It needs overbite protection of patients rights and to make sure that billing of such research is not charged to the patient or insurance. If you are using patients of that hospital for research purposes then you need to get the hospital permission and the patients permission and having an independent overbite of the research.

I remember approving a study while on the IRB of our hospital of which entailed remote prying for a patient with multiple set of groups. One group were Buddhist monks in tibet and other diverse religious groups throughout the world. They would be given a case and through the internet pray for that person and follow outcomes.

They need permission to reveal private information of the individual for research. it would be a violation of HIPAA otherwise.

Last edited by Medical Lab Guy; 11-19-2021 at 02:14 PM..

Old 11-19-2021, 03:28 PM

19,797 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudySmith View Post
On the other hand, there's the long-ago example of Sister Kenny, who cured so many kids of polio. There, too, a group of doctors opposed her. Never mind there was no medical injury - quite the opposite.
I did a little polio research some years ago........

1. Sister Kenny did not cure anyone of polio. She developed a standard of care and rehab that worked very well for some.

2. Sister Kenny was well accepted by most of the medical establishment in The US. She was essentially given residence at Mayo Rochester............serving as her HQ for about a decade.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:

Your words...."You can do some searches for Joseph Varon and decide for yourself"

I have and I have.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post

1. I'm not aware of an ICU/IM department that allows ivermectin as a covid treatment. I am aware that all of the top departments specifically forbid as much.

2. https://www.wavy.com/news/investigat...d-of-medicine/

3. It's pretty clear that Marik was precisely who/why the directive you noted was issued.

________

The straw grasping here is simply astonishing.

Old 11-19-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
The straw grasping here is simply astonishing.
Courts have already ordered hospitals to give Ivermectin to several patients. Is it simply at the judges discrimination? A judge just denied a case in Texas.

They are claiming Virginia law favors the Dr

"Virginia law is clear, the attending physician and not the hospital has the authority to use the treatment they have deemed appropriate."

I do think states need to take control of this pandemic and quit relying on federal agencies.

If you were in the hospital with Covid, would you refuse Remdesivir or just go along with whatever?

How its working in Florida
"We have friends here in CA that went on vacation to FL. Got C0vid, and they can't say enough great things about the mAb treatment they got. Drive through, in and out, were better in a few days."

Old 11-19-2021, 05:28 PM

15,439 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Courts have already ordered hospitals to give Ivermectin to several patients. Is it simply at the judges discrimination? A judge just denied a case in Texas.

They are claiming Virginia law favors the Dr

"Virginia law is clear, the attending physician and not the hospital has the authority to use the treatment they have deemed appropriate."

I do think states need to take control of this pandemic and quit relying on federal agencies.

If you were in the hospital with Covid, would you refuse Remdesivir or just go along with whatever?

How its working in Florida
"We have friends here in CA that went on vacation to FL. Got C0vid, and they can't say enough great things about the mAb treatment they got. Drive through, in and out, were better in a few days."
I would file a malpractice case against a do tor that gave me ivermectin for Covid. Anyone who thinks ivermectin works is not playing with a full deck. There is not a single properly designed study that shows any efficacy whatsoever against covid with ivermectin.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I would file a malpractice case against a do tor that gave me ivermectin for Covid. Anyone who thinks ivermectin works is not playing with a full deck. There is not a single properly designed study that shows any efficacy whatsoever against covid with ivermectin.
But you would load up on Remdesivir instead? - Link1, Link2, Link3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness