Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2008, 06:50 PM

267 posts, read 1,289,255 times

Advertisements

I'm talking specifically about one type of product: prescribed drugs. A lot of us are already aware of the fact that there is no drop off in the quality of a generic product. The print and electronic media has told us that for years. Buy generic, save money and experience absolutely no loss in quality, is the message they broadcast to the public.

Now that might apply to things like dental floss, paper plates, baking soda, cough drops, and dishwashing liquid, but does that apply to prescribed drugs? Prescribed drugs like Prozac and Adderall?

I would appreciate answers from people who have purchased both types of drugs and are talking from experience. I googled it and already know what a few websites have to say on the generic vs. brand-name issue, but I'd prefer to hear what you have to say on the matter. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 02:45 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,958,407 times
Hi hotornot, I have used both generic and original of klonopin. I take it for anxiety. Besides the price being way less, I havent noticed one bit of difference. I was skeptical of generic, but my doctor told me to atleast try it. I did, and am happy with the discounted price I now pay.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:59 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,946,770 times
Generic versions of trade-name drugs have to meet minimum FDA-mandated requirements, and must have comparable pharmacokinetics (meaning that the amount of drug absorbed into the bloodstream in a given amount of time as well as the metabolism of the drug over time) to that of the trade-name drug. There should be no perceptible difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness