Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:17 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,219 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, any positive or negative feedback? If there is a site you trust, please DM the info if you could.

The deal is, I take Xanax for panic attacks (never for recreational use or to feel "high," just to clear that up). I have moved and can no longer see my psychiatrist, I couldn't afford to anyway since I no longer have health ins. I'm going to need to get my Rx refilled very, very soon.

Please, any experience you've had with ordering any meds online is much appreciated. Also. any advice for reputable sources? Thank you all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 12:02 PM

I guess not .

Old 06-07-2008, 11:07 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,647,878 times
Xanax is a benzodiazepene. It is addictive and it can be harmful if taken long-term without a doctor's supervision. If you try to just stop these, you may have side effects that are not fun. You need to be evaluated by a medical professional. It's important for your health. Good luck.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:33 PM

Exactly, if I try to just stop taking them I am afraid of seizures or worse. I have been taking Xanax for panic attacks for quite awhile, never upping the dosage or taking more than necessary. The problem is I have moved hours away from my old psych., and no longer have health insurance. I am about to run out and be in a very serious situation. Any advice before I end up with thousands of dollars in ER visits? That's why, in this transitional period until I have health ins. and a new dr., I need to find a reputable online source.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:41 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,428,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Exactly, if I try to just stop taking them I am afraid of seizures or worse. I have been taking Xanax for panic attacks for quite awhile, never upping the dosage or taking more than necessary. The problem is I have moved hours away from my old psych., and no longer have health insurance. I am about to run out and be in a very serious situation. Any advice before I end up with thousands of dollars in ER visits? That's why, in this transitional period until I have health ins. and a new dr., I need to find a reputable online source.
When I lost my insurance I still had a current script for my asthma meds which at the time were like 400 a month in the US. I ordered them from a Canadian pharmacy. I faxed them my script and I paid very little for the medication. I believe it was Universal Pharmacy. I am not aware of their policey with something like Xanax however.
Was your doctor giving you samples or something? Thats always nice when they can do that.

You might also check with Target and Walmart, they have a list of meds that they sell pretty cheaply to people with no insurance.

Good luck to you, I have panic attacks and anxiety as well but thankfully Paxil sets me up pretty well.

If you would like to, there is a LONG thread in the Health and Wellness forum on Panic Attacks, please join us, its sort of like a support group.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:28 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,671,343 times
I don't know if they can do this in other states but in Illinois Walgreens has Nurse Practitioners who see patients for routine illness. They can write prescriptions. They may be able to refill your script if you take notes from previous doc. It is very reasonable.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:43 PM

Thanks you guys, I will look into those possibilities. I really appreciate it! And I could definitely use the support provided...it's tough, but it's something I've been dealing with for years. I wish I could do it without the medications, but I'm just not in that place yet. I have faith I will be one day.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Thanks you guys, I will look into those possibilities. I really appreciate it! And I could definitely use the support provided...it's tough, but it's something I've been dealing with for years. I wish I could do it without the medications, but I'm just not in that place yet. I have faith I will be one day.
Something I try to remember, we are not defined by the illness that causes us to have panic attacks.

You should get a copy of your medical records before leaving because a doctor might think your drug seeking if you ask for Xanax right up front. My general practitioner is willing to give me Paxil but some general pratitioners are not like that.

Good luck to you.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,516 times
Quote:
Hey guys, any positive or negative feedback? If there is a site you trust, please DM the info if you could.

The deal is, I take Xanax for panic attacks (never for recreational use or to feel "high," just to clear that up). I have moved and can no longer see my psychiatrist, I couldn't afford to anyway since I no longer have health ins. I'm going to need to get my Rx refilled very, very soon.

Please, any experience you've had with ordering any meds online is much appreciated. Also. any advice for reputable sources? Thank you all!!
Hi Hollygolightly - Have you talked with your previous 'trist? I also have panic disorder and we moved out of state - My 'trist in my previous state was willing to do a telephone consultation with me and then mailed the Rx to me if I needed a refill until I was able to establish care in my new area. Maybe your "old" 'trist would be willing to do that for you?

Old 06-10-2008, 03:36 PM

I don't know how it is in other states but in my area it takes like 3-4 months to get an appointment with psychiatrists. If you want a female, even longer, if you need one for children, even longer.

Many general practitioners won't perscribe psychiatric meds, some like mine writes for my Paxil but I don't take something like Xanax so I am lucky that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness