Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:53 AM

788 posts, read 4,069,081 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there try this program? If so, how did it go? Any recipe suggestions?

I plan on starting it tomorrow and continuing it at least until my 30th birthday celebration in December. I need to do something right now, or I won't have enough time. I need to lose some fat, but also tone tone tone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 11:28 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post
Anyone out there try this program? If so, how did it go? Any recipe suggestions?

I plan on starting it tomorrow and continuing it at least until my 30th birthday celebration in December. I need to do something right now, or I won't have enough time. I need to lose some fat, but also tone tone tone.
Oh leavingcali, I wish I had a 29 year old body to work with....would be so much easier. Good luck with your program! Jeannie

Old 04-29-2009, 12:37 PM

754 posts, read 2,816,636 times
I had great success! I started at 6'1" and 258 lbs., and at the end, I weighed 219 lbs.!

There are lots of great recipes on their web site, and I've tried many of them. Good food, both in taste and nutrients.

I realize this post is old, so hopefully, you'll see this and give us an update!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:09 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,631,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninclay View Post
I had great success! I started at 6'1" and 258 lbs., and at the end, I weighed 219 lbs.!

There are lots of great recipes on their web site, and I've tried many of them. Good food, both in taste and nutrients.

I realize this post is old, so hopefully, you'll see this and give us an update!
It's not a bad program as i've seen some use it and really improve in their health and fitness on it over the years i've been into bodybuilding. The only long term drawback i see for many is the having to eat 6 small meals a day about every 2 1/2 hours as some are busy in their lives and all usually prefer the standard 3 meals a day as it can be a tad bit cumbersome to plan to eat so often.

I do miss his (Bill Phillips) muscle magazine that used to exist back in the 1990's and early 2000's i.e. Muscle Media 2000.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:04 AM

6'3":

I actually have greatly benefited from the six small meals. I am a very busy professional, and that used to be my rationalization for avoiding eating right and exercising. The BFL plan shows that exercise can be done effectively in a 1/2 hour period, so that excuse was eliminated for me. As for the food:

It takes only a little bit of planning. The protein bars are perfect for hectic lifestyles and that in-between-meal snack. There's not too much planning involved for protein bars: when it's time, you open it and eat it.

A typical day for me looks like this:

Breakfast (6:00 am): Whole wheat tortilla, a whole egg scrambled with some Egg Beaters, a slice of Canadian bacon, a little salsa. Breakfast burrito, prepared in about 5 minutes.

Snack (8:30 am): Protein bar.

Lunch (11:00 am): Leftovers from the prior night's dinner, or a 6" chicken breast on whole grain from Subway (with the apples as a side, and Diet Coke).

Snack (1:30 pm): Protein bar.

Pre-workout (3:30 pm): VPX's NO-Shotgun

Workout (4:00 pm)

Post-workout (4:45 pm): Whey protein OR Myoplex

Dinner (6:00 pm): Varies, but it usually involves a dead animal, a good carb (sweet potato or brown rice or quinoa), and broccoli.

Snack (8:30 - 9:00 pm): Cottage cheese, 1 or 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter.

I usually pack my lunch bag the night before, so I'll have my lunch and my two protein bars ready to grab-and-go in the morning. I put my pre- and post-workout drinks in my gym bag's side pockets, also done the night before. The only meals I ever really prepare are breakfast and dinner, and sometimes I make enough dinner (such as a big pot of turkey chili) that I have leftovers for lunch AND another dinner.

For me, eating was always a liability...but now, it's an asset!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:53 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,631,075 times
Joninclay,

Oh i'm sure that you are doing well as i've seen that first hand with many especially in the early 2000's when it was hugely popular back then and that's really good to know you yourself are doing well.

However i'm just saying that there are people in certain situations or industries that can't eat rigidly every 2 1/2 hours i.e. construction, heavy equiptment operators, hvac and plumbers, ER doctors and nurses as a few examples. Also many including myself eat the standard 3 times a day and do just fine as long as what we eat are ''clean'' foods along with aerobic/anaerobic exercise on a daily basis.

Anyway keep doing what your doing joninclay

Old 04-30-2009, 12:12 PM

However i'm just saying that there are people in certain situations or industries that can't eat rigidly every 2 1/2 hours i.e. construction, heavy equiptment operators, hvac and plumbers, ER doctors and nurses as a few examples.

Point well taken. I imagine that it would be more problematic for some of those folks to squeeze in a timely protein bar.

One of these days, I'll get around to uploading a "before and after" shot. The results were great! Having the "free day" is the cherry on the sundae for me, because it makes it easier for me to eat clean the other six days. It's like Christmas comes once a week!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:22 PM

Great posts! I did it for a short time with promising results, and then fell off of the wagon...that was so long ago, i can't remember why. You've all inspired me to give it another go, though.

Thanks all!

Leavingcali

Old 05-01-2009, 04:24 PM

Great post. Thank you for the specifics--I find detailed meal plans and times very help.

Also, congratualtions on your success with this program and for sticking with it!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninclay View Post
6'3":

I actually have greatly benefited from the six small meals. I am a very busy professional, and that used to be my rationalization for avoiding eating right and exercising. The BFL plan shows that exercise can be done effectively in a 1/2 hour period, so that excuse was eliminated for me. As for the food:

It takes only a little bit of planning. The protein bars are perfect for hectic lifestyles and that in-between-meal snack. There's not too much planning involved for protein bars: when it's time, you open it and eat it.

A typical day for me looks like this:

Breakfast (6:00 am): Whole wheat tortilla, a whole egg scrambled with some Egg Beaters, a slice of Canadian bacon, a little salsa. Breakfast burrito, prepared in about 5 minutes.

Snack (8:30 am): Protein bar.

Lunch (11:00 am): Leftovers from the prior night's dinner, or a 6" chicken breast on whole grain from Subway (with the apples as a side, and Diet Coke).

Snack (1:30 pm): Protein bar.

Pre-workout (3:30 pm): VPX's NO-Shotgun

Workout (4:00 pm)

Post-workout (4:45 pm): Whey protein OR Myoplex

Dinner (6:00 pm): Varies, but it usually involves a dead animal, a good carb (sweet potato or brown rice or quinoa), and broccoli.

Snack (8:30 - 9:00 pm): Cottage cheese, 1 or 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter.

I usually pack my lunch bag the night before, so I'll have my lunch and my two protein bars ready to grab-and-go in the morning. I put my pre- and post-workout drinks in my gym bag's side pockets, also done the night before. The only meals I ever really prepare are breakfast and dinner, and sometimes I make enough dinner (such as a big pot of turkey chili) that I have leftovers for lunch AND another dinner.

For me, eating was always a liability...but now, it's an asset!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:52 AM

Good luck, my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness