Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 05:04 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times

Advertisements

For those who have gotten it, any side effects? Did you get sick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 05:06 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
For those who have gotten it, any side effects? Did you get sick?
I didn't get it and I don't plan on it even though my employer offers it for free. I think there's a hidden agenda with all this flu hype.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:21 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,048,150 times
I got it since I work with patients and my wife is 7 months pregnant. My wife also got it. I got mine over a week ago and she got hers yesterday. All without incident. Feel so much better now KNOWING we are protected.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:17 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
My 5 year old had the mist...No adverse reactions at all.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:40 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times
Does your 5 year old have Asthma or allergies? I'm hearing conflicting info on the mist for those with Asthma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
My 5 year old had the mist...No adverse reactions at all.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:48 PM

298 posts, read 1,089,557 times
After getting the seasonal flu shot every year, this was the first that I had side effects from it. I was weak, achy and felt feverish for a day and then was normal.

My girlfriend works around children and had to do an interview with a 9 year old about a week ago. The day after she does the interview with him we find out he is sick with the flu. So I just couldnt wait anymore for the shot, which is what I wanted. We go to the only place in town that even has the H1N1 vaccine and get it. Pretty simple to take with the mist. The nurse assured us that all the employees have had it and no one had any side effects other than a stuffy nose. She also tells me that they will have the shots the next day, but we just decided to go ahead with the mist. That night we both felt somewhat feverish and achy. After some sleep, the next morning we felt fine.

Supposedly the H1N1 vaccine is more effective than the seasonal.
With the seasonal vaccine being 70-90% effective at preventing the seaonal flu and the H1N1 vaccine being more than 90% effective at preventing the H1N1 flu since it was copied with the exact virus.

If you havent gotten the vaccine, think about it.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:55 PM

298 posts, read 1,089,557 times
Also the flu mist uses a live but weakend virus, so the way your body uses it to make the antibodies is more natural. It is breathed into your lungs and goes directly to your bloodstream to go to work. I believe the shot just pumps the antibodies in your body to be copied. I was a little nervous having a live virus in my body no matter how weak it was suppose to be. Again, its day 4 and I seem to be fine.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:32 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Does your 5 year old have Asthma or allergies? I'm hearing conflicting info on the mist for those with Asthma.
The mist is for healthy people. Any lung conditions or really any immunocompromised people should get the shot. The mist contains a weakend live virus.
No. My dd does not have any medical problems at all.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:38 PM

80 posts, read 157,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I didn't get it and I don't plan on it even though my employer offers it for free. I think there's a hidden agenda with all this flu hype.
I also think there is a sinister agenda at work here. I will not get this vaccine even if the government tries to force me to.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:35 PM

175 posts, read 846,477 times
Default Question about the Swine Flu Vaccines

Does anyone know where the United States gets or buys the swine flu vaccines? I heard Sebellius say that we only have one manufacturing plant in this Country. I think she said there are only 6 manufacturers. Do you know what countries we get these vaccines from? Any info will be apprecisted. Thanks for your response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness