Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 06:13 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,561,001 times

Advertisements

This does not line up.
I went to the dermatologist for some flat red patches of very itchy skin on my upper back. No abscesses, boils, pus or signs of deep infection. More like seborreah in appearance. Flat, red, scaly.

The dermatologist said it was furunculosis, related to boils but what I have looks nothing like any of these - the closest thing is impetigo but it is not infected and oozy like impetigo. There has never been any pus or any cyst type tracts. I have had these patches for quite some time and when they increased from one to four I decided I better figure this out. My primary care doctor though maybe psoriasis but its location was not typical of such.........

He gave me - yikes - minocycline for 90 days and a clindamycin cream

Has any body had anything like this? The side effects of being on this drug scare me.......once I got home and looked it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 06:19 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,156,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
This does not line up.
I went to the dermatologist for some flat red patches of very itchy skin on my upper back. No abscesses, boils, pus or signs of deep infection. More like seborreah in appearance. Flat, red, scaly.

The dermatologist said it was furunculosis, related to boils but what I have looks nothing like any of these - the closest thing is impetigo but it is not infected and oozy like impetigo. There has never been any pus or any cyst type tracts. I have had these patches for quite some time and when they increased from one to four I decided I better figure this out. My primary care doctor though maybe psoriasis but its location was not typical of such.........

He gave me - yikes - minocycline for 90 days and a clindamycin cream

Has any body had anything like this? The side effects of being on this drug scare me.......once I got home and looked it up.
Once I had something like that pop up on my arm. It itched like the dickens. Turned out I was allergic to Downy Fabric Softener which I had recently started using. One swift kick of the Downy to the curb and all was better.

So, have you changed anything that touches that part of your body? Soap, shampoo, or clothes washing products?

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-18-2010, 12:23 PM

No ...... and I have had these patches [several about the size of a dime but not round] for about a year but it has recently started itching more since I have been doing a lot of excercise..........I use "free" detergent and softener just because I hate the fragrances.......usually my girly parts react if my body does not like a body wash and I usually go as unscented as possible.

My daughter AND the primary care said they looked like psoriasis but I had no relieve from OTC psoriasis treatment.

I am going to have to challenge the doctor if, after some time on the antibiotic, I am not seeing any change.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:01 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,156,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
No ...... and I have had these patches [several about the size of a dime but not round] for about a year but it has recently started itching more since I have been doing a lot of excercise..........I use "free" detergent and softener just because I hate the fragrances.......usually my girly parts react if my body does not like a body wash and I usually go as unscented as possible.

My daughter AND the primary care said they looked like psoriasis but I had no relieve from OTC psoriasis treatment.

I am going to have to challenge the doctor if, after some time on the antibiotic, I am not seeing any change.
Try putting some aloe and the contents of a Vitamin E capsule on it. Doctors don't have a clue, as you are beginning to discover.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-18-2010, 04:30 PM

Yes - - - I am going to give that a try - - - I am just scratching my head over the diagnosis because my husband had pilonidal cysts and my daughter has hidradentis supperativa and those [like furuncles] are deep infections with a sinus that drained ........ this is clearly a surface only problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness