Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2008, 11:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,879,325 times

Advertisements

Heard on our local news last night that they have found a link that RLS symptons are a precursor to stroke/heart attacks.

Anyone else hear this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 04:18 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,371,375 times
I haven't heard it. I had restless leg syndrome when I was younger, and now at 65 my heart is still good even though I don't have that problem anymore.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:46 PM

396 posts, read 1,701,123 times
I've never heard that. I get it when I don't take my vitamins with iron. I've heard it can also be caused by magnesium and other vitamin deficiencies as well.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:25 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,371,375 times
I just heard it last night. But I wouldn't worry about it, I grew up with restless leg sydrome and had it up to my 40s. I am 65 and have a very good heart and am not concerned about a stroke. I think other factors come into play too.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:58 PM

308 posts, read 1,618,899 times
I haven't read anything on this yet, but I could potentially argue that people with RLS are more susceptible to stroke/heart attack based upon purely anecdotal evidence. I used to work in a sleep disorders center and the majority of individuals presenting with RLS/PLMS were also diagnosed with sleep apnea. At the same time, most of those diagnosed with sleep apnea were obese. If obesity is positively correlated with increased risk of stroke/heart attack and these individuals also tend to present with sleep disorders (e.g., apnea, RLS), then, of course, someone somewhere is going to notice that there are people having heart attacks who also happen to have other similar symptomology (e.g., RLS) that may in no way be causative of the heart attack/stroke. Buuut, this is merely conjecture on my part.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:51 AM

5 posts, read 12,346 times
I've found that there are 4 stages to recovering from RLS. The first, and most important is the healing of the inflammation in your legs that is causing the RLS.

Here are the 4 steps to a FULL recovery ...

STEP 1. Stop the Spreading Inflammation in its Tracks

STEP 2. Encourage the Repair/Replacement of your Damaged Cells

STEP 3. Encourage the Healing/Repair of your Nervous System
(nerve cells frayed from prolonged inflammation)

STEP 4. Prevent Inflammation from Reoccurring

Less inflammation = less RLS. This is as universal a truth as you will ever hear in regard to Restless Legs Syndrome.

This is not a "personal" cure that is only going to help a few. This will help EVERYONE that is willing to try it out.

It doesn't matter what sort of heavy duty drugs you're taking for your RLS. You don't need to go off of them. Eventually your inflammation will lessen and you'll be able to wean off at your own pace.

The best way to heal the inflammation that is causing your RLS is to load up with as many anti-inflammatory herbs as your budget will allow. Curcumin, Ginger Root, Cayenne, St. John's Wort, Licorice Root DGL, Devil's Claw and Skullcap are good ones.

Also, to enhance the healing, take a high quality Cal/Mag, Iron, Zinc, Omega 3, Lecithin and Vitamin B12.

It sounds like a lot, but you will not regret the effort when you start to see the results.

David Wimble
[url=http://www.RLcure.com]An Absolute Cure for Restless Legs Syndrome[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness