Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 09:23 PM

8 posts, read 21,991 times

Advertisements

figured since this is a forum about cities and vacations ect you probably are heavily social xd and kinda shy to write this but whatever

I'm bored almost every day cause I don't hang out with my friends, I'm almost 18 now and never drunk any alcoholic drink except a beer which i also don't want to drink even though its good taste, in my whole life i went 4 times in a bar (counting just when i went with a friend or friends) and 1 time we were just tired and thirsty so we took glasses of water lol, one time we were doing something for school so a bar only had such big table to draw a map for geography and one of the two friends i went with jst bought a coca cola so we can stay and draw, two times i went with more than two friends and all of them were drinking a beer, I'm thinking if i go to a club and not a bar how can i have fun if I'm not drinking nor dancing (don't want to try either), I don't want to be the one who is lonely or always stared at because i drink a coke or because loneliness, I also ain't a big social person, I rarely start a conversation...

Ah I don't know what to do, I had amazing extreme fun when none of my age drunk and that was like idk 5, 6 years ago or some we just hang out at a park, I sometimes played football or smth with them but rarely and I still had fun just talking discussing when they took a pause, but then few years later most started to drink and go out to clubs and bars and I didn't, so now that I'm totally bored I start thinking that one day I'll have to go to a club since I can't chill anywhere else, I also don't understand how they have fun indoors but whatever

and now how was your first time going to a party and how can i a non dancer, non drinker and outdoor fan (parks) have fun at a club where all the surroundings are people who drink the "show off" drink lol? suggestions what to do?

EDIT: can someone move this to entertainment category?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 09:42 PM

4,197 posts, read 4,450,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatia88 View Post
figured since this is a forum about cities and vacations ect you probably are heavily social xd and kinda shy to write this but whatever

I'm bored almost every day cause I don't hang out with my friends, I'm almost 18 now and never drunk any alcoholic drink except a beer which i also don't want to drink even though its good taste, in my whole life i went 4 times in a bar (counting just when i went with a friend or friends) and 1 time we were just tired and thirsty so we took glasses of water lol, one time we were doing something for school so a bar only had such big table to draw a map for geography and one of the two friends i went with jst bought a coca cola so we can stay and draw, two times i went with more than two friends and all of them were drinking a beer, I'm thinking if i go to a club and not a bar how can i have fun if I'm not drinking nor dancing (don't want to try either), I don't want to be the one who is lonely or always stared at because i drink a coke or because loneliness, I also ain't a big social person, I rarely start a conversation...

Ah I don't know what to do, I had amazing extreme fun when none of my age drunk and that was like idk 5, 6 years ago or some we just hang out at a park, I sometimes played football or smth with them but rarely and I still had fun just talking discussing when they took a pause, but then few years later most started to drink and go out to clubs and bars and I didn't, so now that I'm totally bored I start thinking that one day I'll have to go to a club since I can't chill anywhere else, I also don't understand how they have fun indoors but whatever

and now how was your first time going to a party and how can i a non dancer, non drinker and outdoor fan (parks) have fun at a club where all the surroundings are people who drink the "show off" drink lol? suggestions what to do?

EDIT: can someone move this to entertainment category?
If you like to draw (and are pretty good at it) volunteer to sketch people (like a caricaturist at the summer amusement parks.
If you like to sing (and you can hold a note) go to places with Karaoke
Try your hand at impersonations / characterizations
Acquire a bar / lounge / club skill: everything from darts to weird trivia, juggling, drop catching pennies off your elbow, etc... there's a myriad of silly things people have come up with over the years.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:01 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
I don't drink and never have. Wife and I spent many weekend nights at my stepdaughter's. Her husband is in the Army and has a lot of his buddies over on weekends. Lots of beer pong, Jager bombs, and 14 acres for 4 wheeling. I was there to keep food going on the charcoal and just to visit with them all. My wife might drink maybe once or twice a year, but it's wine coolers for her. We're out there just mainly to visit and help out. I've always said I have nothing against somebody drinking until they get too drunk and start pushing everybody around. Ft. Campbell has some good folks who like to get away from base and have a little fun.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:01 PM

2,794 posts, read 2,931,923 times
Sit or stand in the corner... break out your iphone.... play Candy Crush.

SUPER AWESOME FUN NIGHT!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation