Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 06:55 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,369,632 times

Advertisements

After some time to let the dust settle i hope its not lost on the decision maker at the time that Halak and the St Louis Blues are now in first place over all and The Canadians with Price are somewhere near last place.
Wonder if they knew then what the know now if that trade wouldnt have had Price leaving and Halak staying...

Last edited by jambo101; 03-12-2012 at 07:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 12:31 PM

6,408 posts, read 9,000,265 times
Montreal traded Halak when he reached his peak value (at that time). They were banking on Halak overperforming and hoping Price was the superior netminder. Someone is pulling their hair out now. The rebirth of St Louis and fall of Montreal is a great storyline this season.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:35 PM

I'm hoping the Blues get that cup this year,i've got a few people on other forums that thought that trading Halak was a great idea,said Halak's run with Montreal was just a brief flash in the pan, i got a few words to give em about their thoughts on that trade....
My immediate thought when they traded Halak was Montreal just traded away any chance of a near future Stanley Cup..
Theres something rotten in the Canadians organization and i dont think its all about the players, Montreal's worst season in 73 years

Old 03-12-2012, 04:37 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,941,059 times
I'm not convinced that Price is a terrible goaltender, or that Halak is that much more talented. Keep in mind that in 2010-11, Price was the better goaltender (though granted, he's been much worse than Halak this year).

I think what's more important than comparing the two goaltenders is looking at what Montreal got for Halak, which, if memory serves was two prospects.

Looking at Halak now, it's hard to imagine trading a first class goaltender for a couple of untested prospects. I suppose we'll be talking out the other side of our mouths if they both become standout players, but, right now, it looks like Montreal sent away a lot, and got very little in return.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:41 AM

If you make it to the NHL you are probably a good goalie however Montreal with Halak made it to one series away from the Stanley Cup series 2 years ago,since the trade the Blues are at the top of the standings and Montreal is at the bottom with their worst finish in 73 years..
Its all water under the bridge now and not much can be done except me venting hoping that those who thought Price was a better goalie than Halak can have some humble pie for lunch..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey