Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,090,697 times

Advertisements

We got the last of the Junque moved up over the weekend
We have almost 3000 sq feet, 4 bed 4 bath, two story.
Guestroom is downstairs so we put the old Queen size bed in and realized that the room was designed for a flat screen wall mount TV , something new to us because the giant box TVs were still working, I never weent out and bought new ones
I suggested a max 15 inch TV, and the wife agreed, because we do nnot want certain guests getting too comfortable and staying too long. I know a couple of people that would say "Aw That TV IS TOO SMALL TO WATCH" and all I watch on weekends on the new big TV is Mexican Soccer, so they may not try moving in (my brother and his friend namely)
Other issue is rugs
Downstairs is all hardwood so rugs are a neccesity under foot and furtniture but I want to still see the rugs.
I do not like that it opens into the dinig area either, but OH well
I have three huge bedrooms up stairs, we bought a KingSIze bed and moved my youngest sons bed up to his room, the older one wanted a new bed so we are putting his bunk set in the yard sale
Those are carpeted, I want that removed sometime when I save up some more $$
We have a number of original paintings and art pieces, just cannot agree on what or where. We also need a big entertainment center for the loft, I want enough space for the kids TV and all their video games and toys, about 14 feet across. Any ideas? I do not want fake/compressed glued wood/sawdust like the one we left at the old house. I want either wood or glass/metal, I prefer wood and they want to paint it a bright color which is fine. I hecked IKEA and nothing really jumped out at me there.
I looked online for unfinished furniture but no luck there either. Does anyone know of a product to use?

Let me point out we are going from 1440 Sq Feet to 3000 Sq Feet and not even bringing everything (about half is getting sold) So when I say a BLANK CANVAS I mean that in many areas we are starting with empty rooms from scratch.

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 05-29-2012 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: addendum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 07:56 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Without pics, or a floor plan, commenting is useless.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:06 AM

22,594 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Junque?

IF you are concerned about a TV in the guest room, don't put one in there.

I had my entertainment center custom made locally... solid wood and cheaper than I found in the stores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating