Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 12:57 PM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times

Advertisements

Ours is 13" tall and we love it.

It's the coffee table in this picture:

I'm not sure that I have ever bumped into it for any reason haha.

We have side tables for a chair and the ends of the sofa but the coffee table gets used for drinks and coffee by both us and our guests regularly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 01:03 PM

505 posts, read 940,792 times
In our family room with the TV we have no coffee table. The couch reclines, so a coffee table doesn't work quite right.

In our living room without the TV we have a matching leather ottoman. I made a top for it that turns it into a coffee table. I stole the idea from a home show several years ago. The show was on several years before I made the top. I somehow stored the idea in the back of my head, and used it when the time was right.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:26 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
I haven't any table in my living room yet but I'd like to get a library table, one tall enough to pull chairs up around it.

Probably like this

Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
We don't have a coffee table. I have had one in the past and hated it eventually. I lost count of how many times I barked my shins and had huge bruises from banging into the corners...enough already!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM

actually, I don't know why I posted a generic picture of our coffee table when I have an actual picture I could post haha:

Ours has never felt in the way and neither of us has ever bumped into it or anything. It is 13" high so maybe that helps? Who knows. You can't see it well in the picture, but there is an end table on one end of the table, and an ottoman we are using as a side table on the other side. I like that, no matter where you sit, you can reach a table surface to set your drink on without having to move furniture.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:31 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
We don't have a coffee table. I have had one in the past and hated it eventually. I lost count of how many times I barked my shins and had huge bruises from banging into the corners...enough already!!!

We ditched the one with the painful corners and replaced it with one like this-

Noguchi - Accent Table - Herman Miller

In black, of course!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post

In black, of course!
noguchi is always a classic

Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post

In black, of course!

That looks very chic, however, my tastes run to solid oak Mission Style, and overstuffed country style. I personally don't care for the contemporary, modern styling but I do admit that it is attractive. Besides, we have cats in our house so can you imagine how many paw prints I would have over everything??

Old 11-08-2012, 05:43 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
That looks very chic, however, my tastes run to solid oak Mission Style, and overstuffed country style. I personally don't care for the contemporary, modern styling but I do admit that it is attractive. Besides, we have cats in our house so can you imagine how many paw prints I would have over everything??
Mission Style is lovely!

We have greyhound nose prints!

Keep lots of Invisible Glass on hand!

Old 11-09-2012, 06:51 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You're lucky. If I could change one thing about my husband it would be his habit if moving the furniture. He won't completely rearrange it, but he'll push something over a few feet or turn a chair slightly in a different direction. It's so annoying. He's all about function, not style.

I eliminated the coffee table to eliminate the friction over where it should be placed. If he wasn't going to leave the coffee table in its proper place, there wasn't going to be a coffee table. He still complains about a lack of coffee table. If I ever get one again, it will be the heaviest one I can find so he can't easily slide it around.

YOU KILL ME!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating