Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:11 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,832,197 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for suggestions for a bedding set for our re-claimed wood bed (king).

We really don't like the typical bedding you see paired with rustic/log bed frames.

Something colorful and fun, with a Victorian influence would be what we're after.

Closest I can find is this one from Anthropology, but I'd love some other suggestions.

Creature Hideaway Quilt - anthropologie.com
Attached Thumbnails
Rustic / Victorian bedding-bed.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 12:20 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,472,682 times
I am not a fan of comforters that need to be dry cleaned. I actually prefer using a duvet because that is an easy wash at home. I have several from Pottery Barn and could not be happier with them.
Would this work for you? Spring Sparrow Duvet Cover & Sham | Pottery Barn-_--_-

Old 10-07-2013, 06:13 PM

Thanks, that's a worthy contender.

Anyone else?

Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,571,565 times
Here's a link you may like - I'm a bit confused though as Rustic and Victorian are so different in looks and elements. I guess just finding something you can enjoy and is easy to care for is as important as anything else. This is just a possible maybe Floral Summer Quilt / Woodside Quilt -- Orvis
Good luck!!!!

Here's another link for you: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...G&itemCount=18

Last edited by CFoulke; 10-07-2013 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: added second link

Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 PM

Thanks CFoulke, I like some of the urban outfitters offerings, but they're not available in king.

Maybe Western / Victorian is a better description? Something like this... they take western fabrics like cowhide and leather, but the shapes/lines are Victorian.

These are just some examples of the style, but it's not exactly what I'm after either.
Attached Thumbnails
Rustic / Victorian bedding-gold-rush-bed.jpg   Rustic / Victorian bedding-lv.jpg  

Old 10-08-2013, 09:30 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
Austin Horn Classics "Call of the Wild" Bed Linens - Horchow

Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,571,565 times
Here's another place to check - wow, there are lots of places that incorporate leather and cowhide into their designs. Who knew? You might also consider trying to have something tailored to suit you if you can't find something that you love! Anyway, here goes: Bedding - Southern Creek Rustic Furnishings

and this: http://www.purehome.com/bed-bath/bedding/duvet-covers

Old 10-09-2013, 06:09 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
I think a "Victorian" cray quilt would look nice on your bed. But you are going to have trouble mixing Victoriana with that bed. I mean you could throw some Victorian things in the room, but somehow I don't think it would cohere.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:18 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys, lots there to look through.

The idea of a crazy quilt is interesting and some of those would look great.

I agree that blending victorian & western is not always that simple. Usually works best if the wood itself has Victorian shapes and the western comes from the fabrics.

But in this case, we already had a queen sized Victorian (wrought iron) bed frame and it just looked way to small for the room.

This huge hunk of wood looks just right... it just takes 1/2 an hour to walk around the bed lol.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys, lots there to look through.

The idea of a crazy quilt is interesting and some of those would look great.

I agree that blending victorian & western is not always that simple. Usually works best if the wood itself has Victorian shapes and the western comes from the fabrics.

But in this case, we already had a queen sized Victorian (wrought iron) bed frame and it just looked way to small for the room.

This huge hunk of wood looks just right... it just takes 1/2 an hour to walk around the bed lol.
I like your bed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating