Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 06:13 PM

120 posts, read 310,319 times

Advertisements

I admit that I don't know anything about furniture.

I was looking for a matching wood bedroom set and found a good deal on Craigslist. The only problem is that one of the handles for a drawer was broken. Apparently, this is French Provincial style; I just thought the furniture looked nice with the curves. I did contact the furniture maker but they no longer carry the exact handle.

I know I can replace the two bottom pulls and it will probably look fine as long as they are 'close' but I would like to see if I can find the match.

I have been looking on eBay and reUse stores to find this one handle and have yet to find the exact match. The center-center is 3 1/2". Since I have seen some folks on here restoring old furniture, I thought maybe someone else will stumble on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Searching for a specific French Provincial dresser pull-frenchpull.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 06:26 PM

4,250 posts, read 6,936,427 times
If for some reason you cannot find something, this is a last resort:

How To Make a Matching Missing Handle Artsy Chicks Rule | Apartment Therapy

Old 03-16-2014, 10:21 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,104,615 times
I have those same dresser pulls on a bedroom set that I bought on Craigslist for $50.00

Have you checked Etsy?
Check craigslist too. You never know.

When you're looking for them use the words antique and also vintage dresser pulls and handles.
Another thing you can do is take one of the dresser pulls off the dresser, lay it on a piece of white paper so it shows up easily when you take the picture, download it, and then google the image.

Good luck!

Last edited by Lauriedeee; 03-16-2014 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: made a booboo

Old 03-16-2014, 12:01 PM

13,065 posts, read 18,193,828 times
You probably did ask, but did the manufacturer tell you whose hardware they used? IF not that would be my first stop. I just pulled my file of the place I used for draw pulls I wanted to duplicate it is called ANSALDI & SONS. Give them a try, they were very helpful and I sent them a picture and they showed me what they had. Good Luck.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:37 PM

3,315 posts, read 10,106,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHausMaus View Post
I admit that I don't know anything about furniture.

I was looking for a matching wood bedroom set and found a good deal on Craigslist. The only problem is that one of the handles for a drawer was broken. Apparently, this is French Provincial style; I just thought the furniture looked nice with the curves. I did contact the furniture maker but they no longer carry the exact handle.

I know I can replace the two bottom pulls and it will probably look fine as long as they are 'close' but I would like to see if I can find the match.

I have been looking on eBay and reUse stores to find this one handle and have yet to find the exact match. The center-center is 3 1/2". Since I have seen some folks on here restoring old furniture, I thought maybe someone else will stumble on it.
I love vintage hardware and have had great luck in these areas:

• Flea market, especially in a rural area where farmers live.
  • Habitat for Humanity ReStore
  • Architectural salvage shop
  • Second hand furniture store, especially in a historic town/historic district
  • Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.
  • Estate Sales (look in the garage, tool areas, etc.)
  • Auctions (often sold in a box of stuff)
  • If all else fails, look for vintage hardware suppliers on the Internet.
Also, if you find the style of the pull you like but the metal may differ, think about painting it to match the original pulls. Rustoleum makes a pretty nice Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. And if the pulls are spaced differently than the original ones, you may need to close up the old holes and drill new ones.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:35 PM

17,720 posts, read 29,915,186 times
Default Try this

Fly to Paris and scour the antique shops.
You will have a great time.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:15 PM

15,556 posts, read 10,551,246 times
http://robinsonsantiques.com/drawer-...ll-cast-31.jpg

I was totally shocked to find mine at robinsonsantiques.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating